well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Top rated beer in every state.

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top rated beer in every state.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
I’ve tried the CA one and have never heard of most of the others.

Top rated beers.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Have had the IL one. People stand in line at Binnys on the day after Thanksgiving (the day it's released) to buy it. Costco had it one year and we snagged a bottle. It was OK but not worth $25 or whatever they charged....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Similar here - I've tried the Illinois one (not a fan of most of Goose Island flavor profiles) and hadn't heard of the rest!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Best rated, perhaps, but I haven’t heard of most of these. Of course, best rated does not mean most popular or best known.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13780 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Right - I took a look at the list and they're all small microbrews. This website is definitely catering to beer groupies. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

As an aside, what's with this total obsession with IPAs and sours? I'm not a fan of either, which basically implies that I have a completely unsophisticated palate and should just be drinking Coors Lite. Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
As an aside, what's with this total obsession with IPAs and sours? I'm not a fan of either,
Not a problem at all, they're just the currently most popular styles. I like IPA but there's a race to see who can make them overly heavy and overly hoppy. Mild ales, pale ales, there are lots of pleasant alternatives.

An enormous beer "supermarket" opened a half-mile from here. Seriously, it's as big s a supermarket with every microbrew you've never heard of. My problem? I like beer but only occasionally.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13780 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
I can certainly vouch for the Maine choice, Dinner.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17671 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post