well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I'm gonna raise some taxes

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm gonna raise some taxes
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted
https://www.reuters.com/market...er-taxes-2023-02-28/

quote:
“On March the 9th, I’m going to lay down in detail every single thing, every tax that’s out there that I’m proposing, and no one ... making less than $400,000 is going to pay a penny more in taxes,” Biden told an audience in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
“I want to make it clear. I’m gonna raise some taxes,” ...

Biden, ..., has vowed to cut the deficit by $2 trillion over 10 years in the upcoming budget proposal.

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12683 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'm OK with raising taxes as long as it's done fairly and equitably. Biden's SOTU spoke directly to this, but it remains to be seen if he will be successful in enacting these changes.

People have short memories - which of course is well known by the political types. Trump's tax cuts were conveniently due to expire for the middle class (not the upper class) this year, ensuring one of two outcomes: 1) if he's not in office he can blame the new guy; 2) if he is in office he can either rescind or push out the expiration date until he's out of office, and be a hero.

Posts: 35370 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post