well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What’s in my purse?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s in my purse?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
So all this purse/no purse got me thinking, as I was transferring the stuff from my “had to go on an airplane traveling purse” to the purse I carry every day (the traveling purse is smaller, fewer credit cards, no pocket knife, and it fits easily into the larger bag that qualifies as a personal item, that also holds my iPad and phone/iPad power cords and headphones and water bottle and book for the flight).

Anyway, I started to look at the stuff I carry - it’s all handy and when I don’t have it I usually end up needing it. Minimalist is obviously NOT my middle name. Smiler

Wallet, checkbook, Keys

Medicinal stuff - sanitizer wipes, chapstick, migraine meds (cannot be without those), ibuprofen, antacids, cough drops, and a bandaid Big Grin , the ointment is for the horse and the cat.

Swiss Army knife, Flashlight, Toothpick holder, jewelers loop and case (for when I used to hunt thrift stores for hallmarked jewelry)
Tape measure (that white thing - I started carrying a tape measure when we were remodeling years ago, and I find I need it for all sorts of other things now)

thingie to wipe cell phone screen

A piece of ginger candy (that I forgot about).

Packet of seeds (picked those up at the store, tossed them in my purse and forgot about them)

Pen, prescription sunglasses (I don’t leave those in the car, they are too $$$)

Usually there are crumpled up receipts in there too, but I just tossed those. Big Grin

Am I the only one who carries around extra stuff like a flashlight and pocket knife? Thinking this picture needs to be illustrated like a Richard Scarry book…

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I'm trying hard to cut back on what I carry around. So . . .

Wallet (which is way too big and heavy)
Reading glasses
Small pouch containing chapstick, nail file, eye drops
Key fob for car
Work phone (keep my personal phone in a pocket)

Lots of other things creep in over time, but those are the essentials.

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I wear cargo shorts.
1. They don't have to match my shoes
2. I won't leave them somewhere inadvertently. At least hopefully not.
3. Because they get washed they don't accumulate things for months.
4. ??? suggestions??

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
People often tease me for the tiny purse (and my tiny luggage).

This is mine, along with the beat up cross body I love. It is amazing how much I can lose at the bottom of that small thing.

Disadvantages is does not hold my phone or a checkbook. But that is ok..I often unhook my car key and lock this in the car.

I love the little wallet, just big enough for cards and cash..I bought it on my last day in Spain from a leatherman who made all his wares by hand..You can see a little flag of Spain sewn in.

I carry Benadryl for allergies and a tube each of Advil and my blood pressure meds (in case I get to work and remember I forgot to take them. Razzer)

And my COVID vaccine card.

I do carry a backpack for work and I just pop this in as well.

Note, I did have a very small Leatherman that fell to the bottom and I forgot about till...I had to go to the court house to pick up some papers...They took it, but returned it to me when I left..I have left it out for now..May add it to my work backpack as that doesn't go on planes. Blush

Shorty made the monkey's knot lanyard for me when he was in HS. While it takes up lots of space, well..I love it..and it helps me find my keys!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Checkbook?

I can’t remember the last time I wrote out a check at a store. There are a couple of bills I pay by check but that’s it.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Same here..If I think I might need one I just put a single check in my wallet.

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Checkbook?

I can’t remember the last time I wrote out a check at a store. There are a couple of bills I pay by check but that’s it.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
The need to write a check triggers a full-on panic attack at our house. We can never find a checkbook.

Cindy -- whose kids opened checking accounts but had no idea what a check was

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I carry the checkbook, but only write checks for a few things. To pay the horse vet. To pay the farrier. To pay board at the barn. To pay dues at the art gallery. None of those places want the extra credit card fee. Also, the water and sewer fee for the city, they won’t do an auto deduction like the electric and internet folks do. The checkbook is always in my purse, unless I’m traveling.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
What time is it in Montana?

1964. Cool

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
This is the way it is in a lot of rural areas in the west. Probably all over, actually. At least with the older generation (which I am a part of!)

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
We do take credit card payments at the gallery, but the fee comes out of my take, so the gallery takes 10% of the sale, I get the rest, minus the credit card fees.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Venmo. Zelle. Direct deduction from a bank account or a credit/debit card.

Everything’s up to date in NE Ohio ( Smiler ) and that’s how we do it.

Seriously though, paying employees to sort through paper checks at the water department has to be close to criminal misuse of taxpayer funds.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Doesn't Venmo charge a fee?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
We are very not up to date, lol.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I take paypal and square for the art stuff I sell online. And I use PayPal to buy all sorts of stuff. And credit cards. I almost never carry cash. But I still carry the checkbook just in case. Big Grin

Smiler Jodi