well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A son's favorite breed and this sold me too

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A son's favorite breed and this sold me too
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
He doesn't have one yet, but he's getting closer and closer.

Says this COVID period IS the perfect time to go for it - working at home and all. I'm just afraid he'll be disappointed if his puppy isn't as cute as this one (how could any be?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqHR8w-tXMY

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I think it would be hard to find a non-cute corgi, personally. Smiler

Posts: 35362 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
This is my nephew with his Corgi, Oona. How could anyone resist that sweet face?

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13516 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Love corgis!

But will wait until I'm old and decrepit to get one. My next dog needs to be able to fight off grizzly bears and follow me on long trail rides.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21284 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Our first Newf breeder also ended up breeding corgis. She said they were really big dogs in a little dog body.

They certainly are sturdy little things. I saw one retrieve a good size log and run back with it like it was a stick.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37683 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I know two people who have Corgis. They're very nice family dogs, but each of them destroys the house (ate a sofa, pulled off the baseboards, chewed up a table) when they are left alone for long.

I don't know if this is typical for the breed but perhaps something to look out for.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34810 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Their original purpose was herding, so they are dogs that like to be kept busy.

If you don't keep them busy, they find ways to entertain themselves. Not a good dog to leave at home if you're gone for long periods of time.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37683 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Corgis, Ooona has come for Thanksgiving today!

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
What a sweetheart!

Just thinking of it, Mik, aren't you a Sheltie fan too? I just love them - have had two. I'd get another, except I'm afraid I may need to move to an apartment or other housing with shared wall which their (hate to admit it) yappiness might preclude.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I am. Like the herding and bird dog breeds. Was wonderful to have some furry critters around the house.

Ever since we lost Chloe, our cat, the back yard has been absolutely overrun with squirrels. They are even coming up to my office windowsill and looking right in at me. Wednesday there were never less than three on our deck at any time. We figured the dogs would have a ball chasing them, but apparently there is a squirrel grapevine and word got out that there were dogs today. There was not a squirrel to be seen