well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Oh, This Election.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oh, This Election.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I wonder who is paying for all of these lawsuits. It sounds like there are a lot of them.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder who is paying for all of these lawsuits.

Ultimately, the American people. VeryAngry

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Trump is making some remarks from the WH briefing room.

ABC, NBC, and CBS have all cut away from the live broadcast, probably five minutes or less after he started. He's still on Fox and CNN.

He looks totally deflated.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37883 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:

you mean, like this:

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:

you mean, like this:

PERFECT, SK!
Wherever did you find it?

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I am a master googler! :P

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
Boy, this has been something, hasn't it?

First, huge props to Joe Biden for his speech yesterday. When I was little, one of my favorite books was "Are you my mother?" So much uncertainty and stress throughout, but then the little bird finds his mother and there is so much relief. That's what the speech felt like for me. The evil parent has been abusing us for four years, we have wandered about looking for safety and security, and we have found it. I will be so proud to have Joe Biden as my president. Maybe I will go to his inauguration for the sole purpose of making sure the crowd is bigger than Trump's.

Second, I cannot stop laughing at some of the theories the Trump team is asserting in their lawsuits. They are so lame. They have been denied "meaningful access" to the polls and counting even though they have dozens of representatives there. In states that by law must or can notify voters when their mail ballots are defective, the voter should not be allowed to cure the ballot (e.g. sign the envelope) -- so I guess the reason to notify them is so they will feel stupid? Bush v. Gore was a travesty, but at least Florida made a good faith effort to count all of the ballots once -- the dispute was over a recount. Here, Trump wants to prevent counting ballots that were in most cases delivered or mailed by election day. That is outrageous.

If Biden holds on, this win is truly remarkable. As Mitt Romney and John Kerry can attest, it is nigh on impossible to oust an incumbent, and the few candidates who have done so in modern memory have been huge political talents (Reagan and Clinton), and they had a third party assist (John Anderson and Ross Perot). Biden appears to have overcome a stutter, middling talent, and his advanced age, and he fended off over 20 opponents to win the nomination. Then he beat back an opponent who used a dishonest propaganda network to run a campaign bathed in lies.

Very well put!

+1

Add me to the list.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37883 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post