well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    12 BR, 12.5 BA Built 1835

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

12 BR, 12.5 BA Built 1835
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Up for auction in Covington, GA. Recently remodeled. A bit fussy for my taste, but if you want one of these it's the nicest one I have ever seen. Beautiful!

Twelve Oaks

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34810 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Poor Quirt. You just sealed his fate. We're moving to Georgia.

Actually, this is something like what I'd buy if the books sold to Hollywood and if I could drug Quirt long enough to close the deal before he knew what was happening.

My New Orleans dream house

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15499 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
WHAT a delightful site, Steve!

As for that particular house, it's gorgeous though hard to picture an accompanying lifestyle to fill it much less the staff needed to maintain it (dusting??).

Not to mention having glimpsed the weather happening in Georgia lately, wondering how on earth one would air condition it, however many zones it were divided into!

I assume the chandeliers are all included or it would lose much of its glitter and glow.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Looks like a perfect place to rent an attic room and write a novel. Own it? No way.

When you buy it you should hold writing retreats there, Mary Anna.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21284 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Both of those are perfect spots for a home/business owner. The retreat idea, the B&B, the boutique wedding venue.

I would love to stay in either of those. Although they both need a really good piano! Smiler

But yeah, I'm with piqué, definitely too much house to own. forget the fact that there's no scenario under which we could even come close to owning someplace so expensive...

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18296 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The proper way to live in this house is with staff. Unfortunately the original staff housing appears to have been demolished.

The backup plan would be to operate it as a B and B as the current owners are doing.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34810 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post