well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Picture through the windshield

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/4901040366

08 February 2019, 02:33 PM
Steve Miller
Picture through the windshield
We've had rain on and off for some two weeks and the hills are greening up nicely. Yesterday morning was especially pretty - cold (30's) and clear. The recent storms left snow on the mountains.

This is the view I had of my town seen through the windshield of my truck as I drove back from an early appointment. For thoseof you following at home, I am on the 241 Toll Road between Windy Ridge and the 91 Freeway.

It's rarely this clear, but when it is it's quite a view.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

08 February 2019, 02:52 PM
CHAS
Nice
Like your mountains.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

08 February 2019, 03:33 PM
markj
Cool
08 February 2019, 07:16 PM
pianojuggler
I got home about two hours ago. Came home early from work. View through the windshield: white. Nothin' but white.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

08 February 2019, 07:31 PM
jodi
Wow. That’s spectacular.

Smiler Jodi

08 February 2019, 10:23 PM
Mikhailoh
I loved this time of year out there. Snow on the mountains, crystal clear air, which was rare in 78-80.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

08 February 2019, 10:37 PM
AdagioM
So pretty!

http://pdxknitterati.com

08 February 2019, 10:44 PM
LL
Beautiful views!

The earth laughs in flowers

09 February 2019, 01:14 AM
Steve Miller
The mighty Santa Ana River (don’t laugh, Matt) is at the bottom of the hill. It’s usually little more than a trickle but with all the rain it’s flowing nicely.

Precious little flows to the ocean, however. It’s diverted in to dozens (hundreds?) of settling basins along the way to replenish the aquifer. The idea is to recapture all of it or as much as possible, as the OC relies on well water some 8 months of the year. Some of it is pumped in to old quarries and such to allow it to trickle down in the the soil.

The system wasn’t cheap but it seems to work. My FIL helped to build a lot of it.

Life is short. Play with your dog.