well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Picture through the windshield

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picture through the windshield
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
We've had rain on and off for some two weeks and the hills are greening up nicely. Yesterday morning was especially pretty - cold (30's) and clear. The recent storms left snow on the mountains.

This is the view I had of my town seen through the windshield of my truck as I drove back from an early appointment. For thoseof you following at home, I am on the 241 Toll Road between Windy Ridge and the 91 Freeway.

It's rarely this clear, but when it is it's quite a view.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34875 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Nice
Like your mountains.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25685 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Cool

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I got home about two hours ago. Came home early from work. View through the windshield: white. Nothin' but white.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30033 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Wow. That’s spectacular.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20424 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I loved this time of year out there. Snow on the mountains, crystal clear air, which was rare in 78-80.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13527 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
So pretty!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9793 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Beautiful views!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The mighty Santa Ana River (don’t laugh, Matt) is at the bottom of the hill. It’s usually little more than a trickle but with all the rain it’s flowing nicely.

Precious little flows to the ocean, however. It’s diverted in to dozens (hundreds?) of settling basins along the way to replenish the aquifer. The idea is to recapture all of it or as much as possible, as the OC relies on well water some 8 months of the year. Some of it is pumped in to old quarries and such to allow it to trickle down in the the soil.

The system wasn’t cheap but it seems to work. My FIL helped to build a lot of it.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34875 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post