well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    It's like water torture

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's like water torture
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Mom was a lifelong Republican. Voted for whoever the GOP presidential candidate was from the time she became a citizen in the mid-1950s until 2016. She ended up not casting a vote for President that year because she didn't like Hillary and thought Trump was an idiot (her word).

She had donated on occasion to the GOP national committee, so was on their mailing list for donation soliciations.

I set up forwarding of my Mom's mail back in 2018, when I sold her condo. Shortly after doing the USPS forwarding thing online, I started getting emails from Donald J Trump to my email address (the one I used to register the forwarding instructions). The only thing I can think of is that USPS shared my email address; I haven't a clue how else the GOP could have gotten it.

I thought I had managed to get off that mailing list because I hadn't gotten anything for a long time. But recently the barrage started...

A couple of days ago I got 15, count 'em 15, emails ON A SINGLE DAY asking for donations and hawking Trump wine glasses, MAGA t-shirts, and invitations to the TIC's rallies.

Amazing how they are bombarding people with this carp....I'll post a few in this thread for the laugh factor...

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Subject: Don’t share this with anyone

—--CRITICAL MESSAGE FOR (my email address) ONLY—--

President Trump requested that we send this to you urgently. He wants to meet you.

Please do not share with anyone, he is trusting your discretion.

MEET PRESIDENT TRUMP NOW >>

—--CRITICAL MESSAGE HAS ENDED. PUBLIC MESSAGE BELOW—--

LAST DAY TO CLAIM DOUBLE-ENTRY

ENTER NOW >>
( WTG'S MOM ),

I have something important to tell you but you CANNOT share this with anyone.

I’m hosting a very important VIP event in Miami soon, and I’ve requested that YOU be my special guest.

My team just told me you hadn't entered yet. I’ll admit that I was surprised to hear that, but you’re one of my BEST supporters, (WTG'S MOM), so I’ve decided to do something I RARELY DO in the hopes that you’ll join me for this EXCLUSIVE event.

I’ve unlocked an exclusive DOUBLE-ENTRY for YOU and YOU ONLY!

All you have to do is contribute $50 or more, and you’ll automatically be entered TWICE to win a trip to take a photo with me and attend my VIP event in Miami.

This offer expires at 11:59 PM TONIGHT, WTG'S MOM, so don’t wait until it’s too late.

Please contribute $45 or more RIGHT NOW to DOUBLE your chances of meeting your favorite President in MIAMI. >>

DOUBLE-ENTRY: ACTIVATED

Join President Trump in Miami - Enter Now >>>

CONTRIBUTE $250 >>

CONTRIBUTE $100 >>

CONTRIBUTE $50 >>

CONTRIBUTE $25 >>

CONTRIBUTE ANY AMOUNT >>

This will be the trip of a lifetime, WTG'S MOM, and I can’t think of anyone else I’d rather have there with me.

Remember, in addition to covering the cost of your hotel and airfare, and making sure you have a very nice place to stay, you’ll also get to bring a guest of your choice. I’ve even requested that we take a picture together so we can remember the moment forever.

I’ve asked to see the next list of entries TOMORROW, and I don’t want to get another list without YOUR NAME on it.

Contribute NOW to be automatically entered TWICE to win a trip to meet ME in Miami for this ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME opportunity. >>

Thank you,

President Donald J. Trump Signature Headshot
Donald J. Trump
45th President of the United States

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Subj: CRITICAL FUNDRAISING GOAL

WTG'S MOM ,

I emailed you.

My son, Don, emailed you.

Team Trump emailed you.

And now I’m emailing you one more time.

Our Save America movement is GROWING STRONGER day by day because Patriots from all across the Nation know that the future of our Country is on the line.

I am reaching out because you are one of my MOST LOYAL SUPPORTERS. You have never left my side, so I have a special offer just for YOU.

FOR 1 HOUR ONLY, I AM EXTENDING YOUR 700%-IMPACT OFFER TO MAKE SURE WE CRUSH OUR CRITICAL FUNDRAISING GOAL.

WTG'S MOM , you are a true AMERICA-FIRST PATRIOT, and I know that you are fed up with Joe Biden and the Democrats putting America LAST. I need your support NOW MORE THAN EVER.

If you miss out now, you may never get this opportunity again.

Please contribute ANY AMOUNT IMMEDIATELY to stand with your FAVORITE President and your gift will be INCREASED by 700%. >>

DONOR FILE

SUPPORTER: (my email address)
700%-IMPACT: ACTIVATED
DEADLINE: 1 HOUR

CONTRIBUTE NOW >>

CONTRIBUTE $250 = $2000 >>

CONTRIBUTE $100 = $800 >>

CONTRIBUTE $50 = $400 >>

CONTRIBUTE $45 = $360 >>

CONTRIBUTE ANY AMOUNT >>

TOGETHER, WE ARE GOING TO SAVE AMERICA.

There isn’t much time left. This offer expires in 1 HOUR, WTG'S MOM . I want to see YOUR name at the TOP of the Donor List.

Contribute RIGHT NOW to get your name on the donor list and claim your 700%-IMPACT offer.

Thank you,

Donald J. Trump,

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Subj: My father is PROUD to be ULTRA MAGA

WTG'S MOM ,

The Democrats called us ULTRA MAGA and an extreme political organization.

Given the insane policies being pushed and implemented by the radical Left these days, can anyone make a credible argument that the Democrat Party itself isn’t the greatest threat facing everyday Americans and their prosperity?

We will NEVER back down to the Democrats, and you shouldn’t either. My father is PROUD to be ULTRA MAGA, and that’s why he made something special for his most LOYAL ULTRA MAGA PATRIOTS, like YOU.

HE designed a BRAND NEW ULTRA MAGA SHIRT.

Shop Now >>>

Please contribute $45 or more IMMEDIATELY and my father will send you (1) of his brand new Trump ULTRA MAGA shirts. >>

Brand New TRUMP SHIRT - Show Now >>>

CONTRIBUTE $250 >>

CONTRIBUTE $100 >>

CONTRIBUTE $50 >>

CONTRIBUTE $45 >>

CONTRIBUTE ANY AMOUNT >>

We are only offering this LIMITED-EDITION shirt to our fiercest patriots, like YOU. Don’t let this opportunity pass you by.

Get yours to show Joe Biden and the radical Left the ULTRA MAGA movement is STRONGER THAN EVER.

Contribute ANY AMOUNT before 11:59 PM TONIGHT and we’ll send you one of our LIMITED EDITION ULTRA MAGA Shirts. >>

Thank you,

Donald Trump Jr. Signature Headshot
Donald Trump Jr.

SHOP NOW >>

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Subj: I told you I would DRAIN THE SWAMP

DRAIN THE SWAMP
DRAIN THE SWAMP
DRAIN THE SWAMP

WTG'S MOM ,

When I make a promise, I keep it.

I told you I would DRAIN THE SWAMP and purge Washington of woke bureaucrats, and that’s exactly what Schedule F accomplishes.

As your President, I implemented Schedule F so that Presidents could have the ability to FIRE federal employees who were BYPASSING democracy for their own benefit. These employees are doing a disservice to America and are the very Swamp creatures that we’re trying to get rid of.

I’m reaching out to you now with one very important request. I need YOU to bolster our Official Drain the Swamp Fund. The Democrats are working overtime to keep radicals like Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, and the SQUAD in power, and only YOU can stop them.

**Every single dollar raised today will go directly towards our efforts to DRAIN THE SWAMP.

Please contribute $45 or more IMMEDIATELY towards our Official DRAIN THE SWAMP Fund and stand with me. >>

OFFICIAL DRAIN THE SWAMP FUND

SUPPORTER: (my email addy)
DEADLINE: IMMEDIATELY

CONTRIBUTE NOW >>

Thank you,

Donald J. Trump
45th President of the United States

Bazootiehead-in-training

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
The GRIFT, it BURNS.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO
How much of that makes it to a campaign fund?

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
1. Ugh, I'm sorry you have to deal with that WTG.

2. What is the etiquette on former presidents? Am I wrong in thinking that it's disingenuous to call him President Trump in those emails?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Subj: It’s up to us, WTG'S MOM.

WTG'S MOM,

President Trump will never stop fighting to Save America.

Our great Nation has come too far, and we accomplished too much under President Trump to throw it all away under Biden’s failed leadership.

WTG'S MOM, we both know there’s only one thing to do.

President Trump is calling on you to stand up and stand with him to…

Defend America.

President Trump selected only his best Patriots to join the American Defense Task Force, and you are one of them.

Please contribute any amount immediately and proudly stand with President Trump on the Official American Defense Task Force.

American Defenders - JOIN THEM >>>

CONTRIBUTE $250 >>

CONTRIBUTE $100 >>

CONTRIBUTE $50 >>

CONTRIBUTE $25 >>

CONTRIBUTE ANY AMOUNT >>

This is your chance to step up and accept. President Trump has requested to look over the updated American Defense Task Force roster first thing tomorrow.

Make sure he sees your name.

Please give $50 or more by 11:59 pm tonight to accept President Trump’s exclusive invitation to become an official member of his American Defense Task Force. >>

Thank you,

Team Trump

CONTRIBUTE NOW >>

All they needed to do is add this:

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Fully half of the trash in the hoarder house was junk mail. Half of that was from the TFG crime family and the other half was from TV preachers.

Normally I’d just throw it away but every piece of mail had been opened and sometimes there was cash in the envelope with the junk. I don’t know if she was hiding it or intended to mail it off and never got around to it.

And the whole time we worked more junk mail was delivered every day. I set up a refuse station in the entry just to deal with it.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I get that kind ... and volume ... of email from the Dems.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I kind of figured that might be the case....

Do they sell merchandise, too?

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I get junk email from Dems, groups posing as Dems, and others.
99% goes to spam. I delete the rest so I can consider a donation later. Smiler
USPS brings some. That goes direct to trash. I think the long term effect of tossing it
immediately has helped to reduce the volume of that I get or maybe the cost of mass mailings
keeps that down.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
2. What is the etiquette on former presidents? Am I wrong in thinking that it's disingenuous to call him President Trump in those emails?

Etiquette says only the incumbent gets to use the title of "President." You're nice to label this as disingenuous. I can think of other terms that aren't so genteel. Big Grin

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post