well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Not sure about these boosters
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not sure about these boosters
 Login/Join

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Well, more on a hunch than on documented science, I got Pfizer. Mrs pj got Moderna -- her first two shots were Moderna. She's not feeling too hot. I'm feeling fine six hours on.

The vaccination site was good. They had signs up saying an appointment was required for boosters. I'm not sure if they were doing initial shots, and whether they were accepting walk-ins. We had appointments, two at 10:15 and one at 10:45. We got there right at 10:00. There was one person ahead of us. We just walked in and within two minutes we were done and sitting for our 15 minutes. They did verify we had appointments, but since there was no line, they seemed not to care that I was 45 minutes early. This threw a minor wrench in our plans since we were going to get lunch at a nearby (really good) Mexican restaurant that opens at 11:00.

The site was at a community college that didn't seem to be in session (winter break already?). It was in a huge open room. The whole operation was run by that community's fire department. They were very well organized with four stations: Moderna left arm, Moderna right arm, Pfizer left arm, and Pfizer right arm. When I walked up, I was going to get the shot in my right arm. I couldn't flip the chair around and noticed the fireman's foot was holding it down. I just sat down and let him jab my left arm. No biggie. I'm not sure if or where they were doing the J&J shots.

It was a bit of a hike from the parking lot to the building and lots of stairs. Would have been a challenge for someone in a wheelchair. But it was nice that they had a small parking lot reserved just for the vaccination clinic.

We sat for an extra 20 minutes, then headed off to lunch. Lunch was good.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Whadja have for lunch?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Mrs pj had a combo with one enchilada and one tostada, both with beef, DD had a chimichanga with chicken and a (huge) side of extra sour cream, and I had pollo asado with flour tortillas. DD gave Mrs pj her guacamole.

It was outstanding.

The last time I was at that restaurant was in about 1994. It's in a neighborhood I don't get to much, although it's near where my ex-wife's aunt used to live and we'd go to her house on occasion.

It's also across the street from the plumbing supply place where I bought a new dip tube for my water heater when someone here, I think it was Lisa, correctly diagnosed that as the source of my troubles. I'd get a small amount of hot water, then it would go cold. That reminds me, it's probably time to replace the sacrificial anode in both my water heater and the one at Mrs pj's condo.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said Wednesday that people might need a fourth Covid-19 shot sooner than expected after preliminary research shows the new omicron variant can undermine protective antibodies generated by the vaccine the company developed with BioNTech.

Pfizer and BioNTech released results from an initial lab study Wednesday morning that showed a third shot is effective at fighting the omicron variant, while the initial two-dose vaccination series dropped significantly in its ability to protect against the new strain. However, the two-dose series likely still offers protection against getting severely sick from omicron, the companies said.

Bourla noted that a preliminary study by the company was based on a synthetic, lab-created copy of the variant and more data is needed from tests against the real virus. Those real-world results will be more accurate and are expected in the next two weeks, the Pfizer CEO said.

“When we see real-world data, will determine if the omicron is well covered by the third dose and for how long. And the second point, I think we will need a fourth dose,” Bourla told CNBC’s “Squawk Box.”

Bourla previously projected that a fourth shot would be needed 12 months after the third dose. “With omicron we need to wait and see because we have very little information. We may need it faster,” he said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/0...r-than-expected.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Blergh.

I went to a doctor appointment this morning and thence to Costco. About half way through the Costco trip, about 1:00 I startem feeling what could be described as “mild flu-like symptoms”.

I finished shopping, grabbed some lunch on the way home, ate it, then fell into bed.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Hope it resolves quickly PJ!

The prospect of a 4th shot is not at all appealing to me, considering how bad my side effects were after #3.

But I suppose I will get one when it's recommended.

Sigh.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Feeling just tired this morning. Past the achies.

Mrs pj had chills and fever last night. She’s over that phase but just tired this morning.

We’ll take a day or two of side effects over the disease any day.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Yeah the booster wasn't fun. But last night I talked to a man who has covid and cannot breathe when he lies down. His breathing literally stops. He is coughing so hard it is giving him abdominal pain. Also talked to the grandfather of a six year old who has covid. She vomited uncontrollably for five straight days.

I'll take the booster.

Read a great analogy about this. If your house is on fire--or you are--you don't worry about the chemicals that will be released by the fire extinguisher. You deploy it.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll take the booster.

As I already did, and will with #4 if that becomes the next recommendation.

But that doesn't mean we can't, or shouldn't, complain about being completely flattened from it.

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:

We’ll take a day or two of side effects over the disease any day.

That's exactly where I am. If they think a second booster helps, I'll be in line for it ... but on a Friday so I have the weekend to recover.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
But that doesn't mean we can't, or shouldn't, complain about being completely flattened from it.

Hey far be it for me to oppose a good kvetch. Kvetching is my heritage.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Just for reference, I felt a little tired after the first shot but didn’t have any reaction to the other two.

I feel bad for those who did. Frowner

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly, after the first shot, I felt a little achy for a day. The second shot knocked me on my keister for two or three days.

I plan to hold off on another booster until they have mixed in Delta and Omicron bits.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kvetching is my heritage.
Same.

My mother had a pin that said "The more you complain the longer God lets you live."

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

Ole