well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Not sure about these boosters
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not sure about these boosters
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Ok, I read WTG’s link, nothing really new there for me.

I’m still undecided about shot #4.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can't speak for P*D, but I presume he means side effects and any concerns about "over vaxxing" etc.

Yep.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Not me.

I’m going with the CDC recommendation. They haven’t steered me wrong so far and if I feel crappy for a day or two it’s a small price to pay. Remember that I did get Covid and I’m not dead. Given my age and medical history that’s a miracle.

While I’m there I’m going to get every other vaccination on offer.

This stuff works.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
Sent a note to my doc to see what he recommends...

Now or wait? if wait...infection rate-driven or months since the last one?

I've had 3 Pfizer doses. Moderna for the next, or keep with Pfizer?

I have had zero side effects except a sore arm.
They work a little differently. Apparently one triggers immune response in the blood and the other in the mucous tissue.

I got Modernas for my first two and Pfizer for my booster.

I assume they want you to wait six months since the last booster -- I haven't seen anything about that. We got boosted in December. So in late May we'll start looking for another shot (I love how the Brits call it a "jab" ... it's a much more accurate term!).

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
In my case, it’s been over six months since my Pfizer booster, so I went for Moderna yesterday. If I had not been planning to travel in the next couple weeks, I probably would’ve held off another couple months.

Also, in spite Of still looking 28 years old, I’m turning 70 here shortly, and might be at higher risk than some of your damn whippersnappers.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The guidelines say if you are four months out from your first booster you are eligible to get the second booster.

If you haven’t read the CNN link I posted, you might want to check it out. The evidence is not super strong that the booster is something that’s necessary for everyone over 50. Also covered is whether boosting for special events vs waiting for another surge in cases is the way to go.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Not me.

I’m going with the CDC recommendation. They haven’t steered me wrong so far and if I feel crappy for a day or two it’s a small price to pay. Remember that I did get Covid and I’m not dead. Given my age and medical history that’s a miracle.

While I’m there I’m going to get every other vaccination on offer.

This stuff works.
So it would seem. I'm with you, Steve. Plus, I have had no side effects from three Pfizers. Not to say I might not next time, but I'll take that chance.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
after 2 years of working at home, mr. pique has been ordered to return to the office. which, this being montana, is a petri dish of all kinds of fun things, from norovirus to covid. because nobody wears masks and everyone comes to work sick ("it's just allergies!")

mr pique, who is turning 74 in june, is planning to retire this summer, but thought about leaving earlier if he had to return to the office. however, cases have dropped dramatically in our county, so, he is going to go in.

plus two other employees moved offices so that he could have his old office with the view of the mountains. and they got him two new monitors, and a new desk. his annual review explicitly said they hope he stays there forever. i wouldn't surprised if when he shows up monday morning there are flowers on his desk.

but we are both concerned about a new surge of covid taking us by surprise, so tomorrow we are both going to CVS to get our second booster, the Moderna. the other three were Pfizer.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you're able to get the boosters!

I had all three Moderna. The current shot number four is only Moderna, or is there Pfizer as well?

I was thinking if I do end up getting #4, maybe I should get a different shot?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
after 2 years of working at home, mr. pique has been ordered to return to the office. which, this being montana, is a petri dish of all kinds of fun things, from norovirus to covid. because nobody wears masks and everyone comes to work sick ("it's just allergies!")

mr pique, who is turning 74 in june, is planning to retire this summer, but thought about leaving earlier if he had to return to the office. however, cases have dropped dramatically in our county, so, he is going to go in.

plus two other employees moved offices so that he could have his old office with the view of the mountains. and they got him two new monitors, and a new desk. his annual review explicitly said they hope he stays there forever. i wouldn't surprised if when he shows up monday morning there are flowers on his desk.

but we are both concerned about a new surge of covid taking us by surprise, so tomorrow we are both going to CVS to get our second booster, the Moderna. the other three were Pfizer.

I wrote a long and elegant reply to your post and my phone ate it.

Bottom line is that I’d enjoy a phone conversation with Mr. PK if he’d like that, and the subject has more to do with retirement than it does with Covid.

PM if he’s interested.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
steve, thank you! i will ask him. Smiler

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
we got our modernas today. mr. pique fell asleep in his chair watching "servant of the people" at 8 pm. his only side effect so far. i have a bit of a sore arm but am otherwise fine.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Falling asleep early was my only side effect as well.

It was also pretty much my only symptom when I got Covid (after the first shot and booster).

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
It's fascinating how the reactions to the vaccine can vary so widely.

I read this morning that up to 40% of COVID deaths may have occurred in people with diabetes.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
The county offered boosters April 1. I missed that
but I am scheduled for the next batch on April 15.
I am scheduled to play my violin/fiddle at the next piano party, which is
April 13. Will be watching for Covid news and may cancel.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post