well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    jpg to pdf??

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

jpg to pdf??
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
Trying to convert a one page jpg to pdf.
Used a "free" online converter.
pdf I got is huge and I cannot print it.
All the free one require permission to attach to Chrome and other permissions are small print.

Anyone know a better way?

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Does it have to be pdf?

You can attach the JPG to a word doc page and it will be tiny.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thanks
Don't have Word. I am unemployed.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Usually you can drop a jpeg file directly into any editing program (Word is just one example) and make it whatever size you wish. Then you can save that document as a pdf.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
What do plan on doing with the PDF file?

If you're only going to print it, you should be able to scale the output size of the JPG when you create the print job.

(P.S., this is exactly how I handle help questions at work. When someone asks "How do I xxxx?", my first response is always to ask what end result they desire. People are too frequently locked into a process that won't yield the results they anticipated.)

[Insert Signature Here]

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
If you have a pdf program there may be a way to get the picture to print (actually save) as a PDF. You'll likely have to save it to your picture program first.

Open the picture and then press print. See what choices you are offered. On my machine "print as pdf" is offered in the list of available printers.

I don't know if Adobe does that or not. I use FoxIT which is a free program. You may have to download it.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thank you all.
Got it.
Trying to remember what I did. Smiler