well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    My painting won an award!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My painting won an award!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
I got into the Northwest Watercolor Society member show (70 paintings accepted out of something like 400 entries) and the awards ceremony was tonight (online) and my painting won a small award! Juror’s commendation award #2 - I think it’s like an honorable mention - there are 15 awards total (top prize is $1000!) and this prize was number 14. Honestly I was thrilled to get into this particular show (it’s very competitive) so getting an award is like icing! The juror talked about each painting, and it was recorded, I’ll try to find a link so you can hear her comments, it was pretty funny, she was most impressed with the amount of detail I managed on the woman’s face that is only about 3/4” in size. Big Grin

Scroll down to the online gallery, I’m in the 4th row (Nez Perce woman on a horse)

https://www.nwws.org/Exhibitio...s-Members-Exhibition

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Very, very cool! Congratulations!

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Beautiful work, Jodi!

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, jodi!
Love the painting!

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Wonderful! Congratulations on the prize but more so for the work..It is beautiful. Yes

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
That is a H of a lot of detail in the face. The horse's head is great and the other details are very impressive.
Not accustomed to seeing so much detail in a watercolor.
Don't think I have ever seen that much detail in a watercolor.
Wow

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's wonderful! And I agree, it's an amazing painting!

Congratulations!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Yay.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17671 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
they’ve updated the website since last night - now you have to hit the catalog bar (just a little scroll down) and the painting will show up - also, looks like the judges commendation gets $75! (That’s on the video, but I didn’t notice it, I was too busy listening to her talk) The video is up too, the bar right under the catalog bar - she talks about each painting in the show, she does the awards winning painting at the very end, I’m right after the 1:06 mark.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Great work!

I've never had the opportunity to be a "horsy" person, but now that we've been watching "Heartland" during the pandemic, I appreciate them so much more!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
Yay for you! Smiler

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, jodi. Your artwork is lovely.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
"The face is killer." Why yes, yes it is. Truly amazing. Congratulations!

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post