well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Real Estate..Show Us Your Local Listing
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 17

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Real Estate..Show Us Your Local Listing
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Jim Steinman, who wrote a bunch of famous songs for Meat Loaf, Bonnie Tyler and Celine Dion (among others) has passed away and his property is up for sale. It comes with all the furnishings and artwork... for better or worse...

https://www.seetheproperty.com/story/416690/b

NYTs article:
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/0...icut-house-sale.html

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
And now for something completely different...

That property is unique. I don't know if there can be a buyer with enough tastes in common with the previous owner to make a deal.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7379 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
What do you think of this 4 bds • 3 ba • 2,868 sqft home I found on Zillow? https://www.zillow.com/homedet...?utm_medium=referral

We're on our way to go look at this house now.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I like it a lot. Tons of living and storage space, and the property is lovely.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
What do you think of this 4 bds • 3 ba • 2,868 sqft home I found on Zillow?

Really nice!

Also, wow, whoever took those photos was very smart to take them at that time of day, it shows how nice the natural light pouring in is! Let us know what you think when you see it in person!!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
What do you think of this 4 bds • 3 ba • 2,868 sqft home I found on Zillow? https://www.zillow.com/homedet...?utm_medium=referral

We're on our way to go look at this house now.

Cool house. Looks solid. Lots of storage, nice wood, nice rooms, nice setting.

With a multi level on a hill like that make sure you look at the drainage/waterproofing very carefully. It’s not easy to get right.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
went to see it. rooms much tinier in person than they seem online. it didn't really work for me. mostly the problem is the neighborhood, which is either elderly republicans or families with lots of children.

we need to be in the funky, bohemian part of town, i think. problem is a house like this in that part of town would be a much more expensive house. we are kind of deciding to settle for less house and be in the location we want. however, it will stay less house possibly for the rest of our lives because we'll have used up all our money to buy it.

steve, it isn't really on much of a hill, but the house did seem well put together with a decent quality standard.

in part we went on the trip to put some miles on my truck's brand new transmission and "break" it in. unfortunately, on the last few miles home, the truck ceased moving forward in D and we had to drive home in third gear. Frowner

no camping trip for us this weekend AGAIN.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I liked just about everything about that house except the floor coverings. The amount of storage in a house without a basement is impressive. I can see how it would seem smaller in person because a lot of the photos seem to have been taken with an extreme wide angle lens.

I don't know about Missoula, but around here most people don't know a lot of their neighbors. Also, those elderly Republicans will die and the children will grow up surprisingly soon.

Big Al

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7379 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Pique:
quote:
rooms much tinier in person than they seem online.

Big Al:
quote:
a lot of the photos seem to have been taken with an extreme wide angle lens

I would have never guessed that, a lot of listings I look at kind of jump out as being a wide angle lens and you can imagine that the actual room is smaller, but this one I didn't even notice.

Well, pique, at least now you know. Good luck!!

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know about Missoula, but around here most people don't know a lot of their neighbors. Also, those elderly Republicans will die and the children will grow up surprisingly soon.

The neighborhood was specifically designed for families with young children, so I imagine the makeup of the neighborhood will not change. When the kids grow up, the parents will move away and sell to another young family.

It's a very bourgeous place, not very Missoula-like at all.

Luckily for us, where we live everyone gets to know their neighbors well. Choosing a neighborhood where you enjoy your neighbors is important here. There are neighborhood potlucks and block parties. A strong sense of local community is a big part of why we live here.

To give up the neighbors we have now for this neighborhood in particular just is not attractive.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Listing says this house was designed by Wesley Peters of the FLW Foundation. Sweet!

Elm Grove, Wisconsin

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
William Wesley Peters

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Re this house

quote:

Wow, I love it!! But the relationship between the tree and the house, as seen in this photo

https://www.zillow.com/homedet...ce=txtshare&mmlb=g,1

makes me a little nervous...

Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I have a fair degree of ambivalence toward this house.

It presents a very pleasant appearance, but all that glass and interior brick suggests it might be a monster to stay warm in through the winter. I'm also amazed at the variety of HVAC equipment types listed in the description.

The sloped bedroom ceilings left me with a bit of claustrophobia, at least looking at the pictures. I'm not too sure how practical a swimming pool is in Wisconsin, either.

Big Al