well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    You gotta love this
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You gotta love this
 Login/Join

Never Offline
posted Hide Post
jon used the term "elites" first, I was just agreeing with him verbatim. You could have asked him about the definition rather than interrogating me about it.

It is my impression that people who consider themselves to be elite will reliably self-identify. Note that people who say they consider themselves to be normal, flawed human beings still qualify as self-identifying as "elite" if they happen to believe that 10s of millions of their fellow citizens are sub-par humans due to their political affiliation. Remember Hillary used the word "half" in her famous "deplorables" remark. Not to be too literal or pedantic, but gosh what a revealing remark. Half of his supporters are deplorable. It has been obvious from the get-go that Trump hatred has mostly to do with classism. People think Trump is tacky, low-class trash. Such classism is the province of those who consider themselves to be upper class.

A more practical definition of "elite" for our purposes is "those in a position of public thought/opinion leadership". Such as the old-guard MSM or Hollywood or academia. You'll note that there was a homogeneity of political thought from those folk long before Trump started campaigning for president, and his campaign took square aim at them.

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area of CA | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
People think Trump is tacky, low-class trash. Such classism is the province of those who consider themselves to be upper class.

No, it's the province of people who are perceptive.

Horace, since our collective understanding of the typical trump voter is so mistaken, please do educate us on who they are and WHY, exactly, they support Trump.

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21310 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post