well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I think I need a murse
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think I need a murse
 Login/Join

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
A garment with lots of pockets would be great, but you’d have to wear the same one whenever you go out to access all your stuff.

I have two pants with cargo pockets, and really appreciate how perfect they are for the cell phone.

--------------------------------
“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
This is the bag I ended up with. I got it as a Xmas present, but I first checked it out at a local Samsonite outlet store, by actually filling it with the things I need. Lots of pockets and zippered spaces, anti theft clips (though I find those less important) and it is lightweight. Roughly 11”x 9”. So far I am loving it.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
If I were to carry a purse it would need to be chained to me.
Carrying something like that everywhere requires early training for carrying something like that.
After losing a few I might learn to hang on to it.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
If I were to carry a purse it would need to be chained to me.
Carrying something like that everywhere requires early training for carrying something like that.
After losing a few I might learn to hang on to it.

I guess I had training, in that for decades I've been carrying a soft briefcase-style shoulder bag with sheet music in it for rehearsals and concerts. So that part I was already used to.

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Nice bag!

I like cross body bags with long straps; I traveled in Europe with one. I never took it off in public. If I’m in a restaurant, I just put it in my lap and put the strap behind me (so, like over my head/body so bag sits in my lap).

Mr. AM travels with a SCOTTeVEST which has a bunch of pockets. He wore it daily in Barcelona, but I got tired of seeing him in it!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:

I like cross body bags with long straps; I traveled in Europe with one. I never took it off in public. If I’m in a restaurant, I just put it in my lap and put the strap behind me (so, like over my head/body so bag sits in my lap).

I think this one can be a cross-body bag too, if I fuss with the strap enough. The store clerk showed me how, but I wasn’t paying close attention.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
North south bags. Connotation for men's or travelers in which case it is unisex. I bought a bespoke one from Florence, hand made with vegetable tanned black leather.

Congrats! I think your bag will be very practical.

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
North south bags. Connotation for men's or travelers in which case it is unisex. I bought a bespoke one from Florence, hand made with vegetable tanned black leather.

Congrats! I think your bag will be very practical.

Thank you. I had to look up north south bags; I thought maybe it was a brand! Could also be called portrait bags vs landscape bags!