well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Exciting news...
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Exciting news...
 Login/Join

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I’m very proud of my sweetie. (And feeling like Nostradamus, because I’ve been saying that Catacombs would win for more than a year.)

Posts: 45746 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big al:
I'm glad to hear that you've been recognized in your state. Does memory serve me correctly that you were similarly honored in Florida a while back?

Big Al

In Mississippi, yes.

In Florida, I got three bronze medals at various times, but I was never higher than third place. (One of the people who won gold in those years was Dennis Lehane. I don't mind playing third fiddle to Lehane at all, as I'm a big fan.) I did get two bronzes in one year, because a clerical error caused Plunder to be entered in both the Popular and General Fiction categories. They had a special meeting to decide whether this necessitated a rule change going forward, which made me feel like quite the troublemaker.

My disrespectful son asked, "What's the exchange rate on those things? Can you trade in three bronze medals and get a gold one?"

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
I’m very proud of my sweetie. (And feeling like Nostradamus, because I’ve been saying that Catacombs would win for more than a year.)

Smiler

Mary Anna Evans
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:

My disrespectful son asked, "What's the exchange rate on those things? Can you trade in three bronze medals and get a gold one?"

The apple doesn't fall..... Big Grin

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:

The apple doesn't fall..... Big Grin

No kidding. Smiler

Mary Anna Evans
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
That’s fantastic news!!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
Yay! Smiler

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Ordered my copy.

jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17680 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Truly excellent!
And yes, it's bound to have a significant impact on your upcoming tenure decision.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post