well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Not getting paid?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not getting paid?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
It's interesting to see how it's being spun.

On the one hand, Trump told Maggie Haberman in an interview Thursday that he's getting ready to declare a national emergency, that he's "set the table" for that.

On the other hand, Mitch warned him against that in a private meeting, and told him he might lose a vote by Senate Republicans were he to do that. And many Senate Republicans, including Mitch, seem to think that a shutdown just shoots themselves in the foot.

There doesn't appear to be a ton of speculation about another shutdown.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
My remark about the shutdown was made immediately after it ended.

I would agree that given what's happened in the last week, Individual 1's current trajectory takes him to an emergency measure though I think Mitch is in his way, at least at this point.

Two weeks is a long ways off; anything can happen when you are the puppetmaster on the Apprentice. After the midterms and the shutdown, will self-preservation kick in for the GOP or will they keep caving?

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post