well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Boston's "Skinny House" ...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boston's "Skinny House" ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I took friends on a tour of Boston some years ago and it was on our list...Not surprised given the Boston market.

Not only did it sell for a high price but also in just a few weeks... Razzer

It is not far from the water and Mike's for cannolies.

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I love architecture. I think this is beautiful. ThumbsUp

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
We lived in a similar skinny house in London. The three houses here are called "Dutch Gable Houses" as best as I recall and were all built at the same time. We never could track down when they were built. Guesses ranged from the end of the 19th century to as early as mid-17th century.

Anyway, "unique architecture" is a given in a house like this, since the interior walls are only 8 feet apart.

Here's a google street view. The first one here was the one we lived in.

Smiler

60 Craigerne Road, London, UK

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post