well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Brother has Covid
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brother has Covid
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
What was the Hunter S. Thompson quote?

Probably his most famous. My brother started with AA in 1986 and has stuck with it.

“I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.”
– Hunter S. Thompson

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
I’m glad to hear that it sounds like he’s on the mend. Hopefully that continues. And hopefully he will have a change of heart, too.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Scary enough in the news. So much scarier when it hits close to home. Glad he's getting better. That people like your brother are so impervious to reality is both maddening and utterly mystifying. Stay well, Chas!

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21323 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Realized my older brother is my buffer against old age. So long as he is alive I can still be the youngster.
It is something like the geezer's Big Chill. Big Grin

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Sorry Chas. Hope he recovers.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jf and to all the others.

Talked to him today. He sounds very bad. Was not making sense.

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Just catching up to this thread. Sorry, CHAS, hope he pulls through.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12688 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
That sounds bad, CHAS, and I'm sorry. Perhaps since his baseline was already sub-par in clarity, he's more affected cognitively by the physical affliction than most.

Hope so and that he rebounds.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
I’m so sorry, Chas. And apologize if I misunderstood an earlier post thinking that he was beginning to rebound. Hopefully he will recover soon.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Wednesday he did seem to be on the rebound.
He is blaming his illness on the red blood cell problems he has had since he was 30. Not the virus, of course.
Hope he survives because I don't want to learn how to grieve someone with so much hate.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Oh, Chas, I'm sorry he's not doing well. You are both in my thoughts today.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15507 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Thanks Jf and to all the others.

Talked to him today. He sounds very bad. Was not making sense.

Is his fever still high? The "not making sense" has me worried about ...

Covid delirium

Posts: 12526 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
The "not making sense" may have been because he was telling me something about a chair and he had an extremely hard time breathing and talking.

Today he was sounded better. Said he could not move to bathroom or anywhere without a very bad time breathing. He said that moving made him feel as though he was going to die. Told him not to do that, but to wait a couple of years and avoid the rush.

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oh Chas, I'm so sorry! I hope each day he gets a little better and just keeps hanging on!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18401 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
He sounded better today. He is sitting in a chair a lot.
Twice he told me that there are people running around with no symptoms.
WTF?
Oh yea, he watches Fox news. How could a dentist, a supposed man of science, not know what is going on?
He is scheduled for release on Dec. 13th.