well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    How does he do it?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How does he do it?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
Pakistani immigrant with excellent restaurant shared by the homeless whom he feeds with no questions asked. He calls it "loving through food".

He says it's paid for by the regular customers.

Still have trouble figuring how it works out from a strictly fiscal POV but it is certainly working out spiritually.

Wondering if someone with misguided values will find a reason to close it down. May sound cynical but that is how things seem to be going nowadays.

Feeds the poor and homeless daily - blocks from the White House

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Follow-up to the original story.

Don't worry, it's good.

https://wjla.com/news/local/pa...eeding-poor-homeless

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37880 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
From the first article:
quote:
"I don't want any donation but if you're coming in to eat, that's your support of helping a community restaurant that is offering kindness and love others," Mannan said. "I'm trying to worship our Creator through food."

So many thoughts, but here are two: 1) the "I don't want donations" is really telling about this gentleman's selfless attitude. 2) re the part about worshiping through food, I can think of not better example of religious devotion, I think many religious leaders,and self-professed devote people, would do well to follow his example!

There is so much ugliness in the world, much of it in the name of religion, he is a bright light in that darkness.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18438 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
May a blessing be upon him and those whom he serves.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7404 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big al:
May a blessing be upon him and those whom he serves.

Indeed.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
What a great story! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as tall as PL
What Life?
posted Hide Post
This is a great piece of news. Thanks for sharing.

rich galassini
cunningham piano co.
215 991-0834
rich@cunninghampiano.com

Posts: 2679 | Location: Philly/South Jersey | Registered: 17 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I'm glad many of you were as encouraged and inspired by Kazi Mannan as I was!

I can't help reflecting what beautiful irony it is too that this man came as a completely broke unskilled, brown-skinned Muslim immigrant. (I even wonder if he was legally documented - no mention about the topic).

I can't help hoping that as many "Christians" as possible read about him - especially ones to whom brown Muslim immigrant is a virtual synonym for job-stealing, drain on the welfare system (and a dangerous one, to boot).

(FWIW I can't imagine many native sons whose ambition to open a high-end combo restaurant-soup kitchen was thwarted by his doing so!).

Wish this were reported on Fox News where you know who might hear of his success - his living the good deeds I used to think truly "Christian" living embodies. (Don't think this fits in any way with the abomination called the "Prosperity Gospel"! Eeker)

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
:heart: Beautiful story. Bless him. Thanks for sharing this Amanda, we need good news.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10570 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Glad you too were moved, Bernard.
Although I didn't find this item here, I later found it listed on this "Good News" site.

Seeing Mister Rogers on the "front page" today (it's the anniversary of starting his show), is only one proof of the good judgment and intentions behind it. Don't know why but I find "Upworthy" a bit off-putting, certainly compared to this site. Less click-baitish, perhaps.

Smiler

Good News network