well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    the Montana map

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the Montana map
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
Are there maps like this for all states? What I like about it is the ability to click on the individual counties and see the demographics broken down. (There are A lot of younger folks in Gallatin county that have this - I don’t know the reason for that, seems the case for Yellowstone too - maybe the universities there? ) I think it updates twice a day - the number has increased since I captured the pictures this morning. I also like that hospitalizations is something they are keeping track of.

https://montana.maps.arcgis.co...439491adcc2103421d4b

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20450 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Not nearly as detailed and I suspect not as up to date.

https://dph.illinois.gov/covid19

Looks like a lot of outstanding tests. Apparently the private labs like Quest are inundated and turnaround time is crazy long. A couple of days ago Pritzker ordered all tests to go to state labs so they are processed faster.

We have first access to the new Abbott 5/15 minute test and they're setting up more and more drive-in facilities, but each does only like 250 tests a day.

State has like 12.5 million people with Cook County accounting for 5 million of that.

Add the collar counties in, and that northeast corner is where all the action is.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37881 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
There is something from the city of Chicago.

https://www.chicago.gov/city/e...ome/latest-data.html

Age range of 18-59 represents 70.4% of cases, and the median age of people testing positive is 48. I think that's skewing much younger than Italy, for instance.

About 42.5% of cases are hospitalized, with 18-59 year olds representing 47% of that, and 60+ are 52.7%.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37881 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are A lot of younger folks in Gallatin county that have this - I don’t know the reason for that

MSU. Also they were going ahead with a big international conference for sophomores, I think it was. I don't know for certain that they went ahead with it, but last I knew they didn't cancel.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21344 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post