well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Ivanka & Jared wouldn't let ...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ivanka & Jared wouldn't let ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I just read that and was sitting here telling Steve about it Big Grin For $3000 a month, You would think they would have figured out how to make them a space in the garage or something.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
They are just horrid, horrid people.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18509 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I had guys at my house through the winter in Maine for months building the barn, I made a space for them in the garage to take a break and eat lunch (with a heater), then in the barn when it was close to being finished. I offered them the bathroom in the house whenever they wanted it, but they just laughed and used the woods behind the barn. That probably wouldn’t go over well in Kushner’s neighborhood. Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Well, you know, they are just "the help...."

I 2nd SK's sentiments.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:

I 2nd SK's sentiments.

But, but, they're all that stands between Ivanka and an Antifa bullet!!

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:

I 2nd SK's sentiments.

But, but, they're all that stands between Ivanka and an Antifa bullet!!

Not if they’re on the pot two blocks away they’re not.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34970 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump extended Secret Service protection to his adult children and three top officials as he left office

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...-BB1cW7D6?li=BBnb7Kz

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Poop on them

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17679 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I suspect the incoming administration can rescind that, at the appropriate time, and with precedent and a good public justification.

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
I suspect the incoming administration can rescind that, at the appropriate time, and with precedent and a good public justification.

Just for the record, however extravagant and unnecessary, it's already time-limited in that Trump set this up for a period of "only' six months.

Maybe his rationale was that these family members and the administration personnel were in danger because of the strong public feelings against himself (he noticed? Big Grin) Probably, as with so many on the Left, they too had received death threats from people considering themselves "enemies".

Not saying this level of protection was justified, but as a father and responsible boss (is it possible he was capable of such concerns?), I can see where he may have been coming from.

There HAS been immense hatred expressed on both sides towards the other. In that regard, I have to admit there is a certain equality of sins expressed in violent terms. Anyone who follows both camps in social media can't have failed to notice this. Of course, "our side" would leap to defend such expressions as colorful and metaphoric.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post