well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Galaxy S10 and water

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Galaxy S10 and water
 Login/Join

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted
When we returned from the gulf after getting our fill of scallops, all the snorkeling gear got tossed into the swimming pool to rinse off the saltwater. I immediately walked into the pool before removing my glasses. I felt them leave my face and dove to the bottom of the pool searching for them. I found them quickly and placed them on the side of the pool. I continued to swim, dive, etc for a couple of minutes when to my horror, I realized that my phone was still in my pocket. Eeker

I pulled it out, removed the otter box which is not water proof or even resistant as it is completely open around the camera lenses. It was very wet.

I put it on the table and let it dry on the sun. After about 20 minutes I got out of the pool and it still had water on it. I pushed the wake button, and it was just fine. Everything is still working.

Good job Samsung!

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Impressive! ThumbsUp

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34922 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
IP68 rated, can be submerged up to 1.5 meter of water for up to 30 minutes. Cool

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12688 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Same as the iPhone now. Friend of mine put it to the test by accident and it was fine.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
That's a great improvement over earlier phones. My wife lost one when a waitress set a beer glass down on a seam between two tables and it immediately tipped over and dumped beer onto the phone that was laying on the bench next to the table. Even grabbing it immediately and drying it with a napkin didn't save it from destruction.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7404 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I read the thread title and thought you were pointing out that astronomers had discovered water in galaxy S10! Big Grin

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post