well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    95 years old and recovering from a broken hip...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

95 years old and recovering from a broken hip...
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
He picks up a hammer....

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-t...habitat-for-humanity

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
And this, from the Journal-Constituion article:

“The first week after his surgery, he was forced to bow out of the Sunday school class he normally teaches. But he’s made a quick recovery and returned to teaching at Maranatha Baptist Church less than a month later.”

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Amazing guy and just an all-around good human being.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37933 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
He understands "use it or lose it"

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
He understands "use it or lose it"

Indeed, and recovering from hip surgery is exactly that kind of situation. At his age a broken hip is usually a death sentence because people never have the strength to get out of bed.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Nice to see Roslyn still up and able to work alongside him as well. ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34970 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Now with 14 stitches...

https://www.10tv.com/article/d...-build-home-2019-oct

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Amazing guy and just an all-around good human being.

Yes indeed.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18517 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
That man is an amazing human being. ♥️

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
This is his third fall in less than a year.

quote:
Carter, 95, admitted to hospital for observation. This is the second fall this month.

Former President Jimmy Carter fell Monday at his home in Plains and suffered a “minor pelvic fracture,” The Carter Center tweeted Tuesday morning.

https://www.ajc.com/news/break...OEmZcd8olG58eDkRWCJ/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37933 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
The phrase "minor pelvic fracture" sounds like an oxymoron. I hope it's accurate and he's out and on the mend soon.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
My neighbor had one. As did my uncle. No displacement of bone and you just have to take it easy for a few weeks.

But the multiple falls are not a good sign.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
That man is an amazing human being. ♥️

Yes yes yes

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17680 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
If I had a hammer...

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
At a church service on Sunday, former President Jimmy Carter reflected on dying and expressed his thoughts on what would truly make American great.

"I, of course, thought I was going to die," said Carter, referring to his cancer diagnosis in 2015, during a Sunday school service at Maranatha Baptist Church in Plains, Georgia.

Carter's Sunday message was about belief in resurrection and life after death as a Christian. He recounted his cancer diagnosis after making a trip to monitor elections in Guyana. He said doctors had removed part of his liver and then later found cancer in his brain.

"I prayed about it and was at peace with it," he said at the service.

quote:
Carter also briefly discussed politics during the service. He said he wished the U.S. could be a superpower in world peace and asked "Wouldn't it be good if the U.S. could be a super power for the environment or for equal rights?"

He made the congregation a promise to reach out to help someone who needs it. He said doing so would make America a better country and told church members it would make "you a better Christian."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...h-service/ar-AAJMnci

Bazootiehead-in-training