well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A knock on the door

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A knock on the door
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
It’s a canvasser for a guy running for re-election to school board. Nice lady, 60’s, very passionate. We don’t get many canvassers, I have time, and I ask her to describe her candidate and what she likes about him.

Oh dear. Her candidate is 180 degrees out from anyone I’d ever support. Trumper, Conservative, Evangelical. Hates Planned Parenthood like God hates St. Louis. I could feel my blood pressure rise. I kept his little handbill to make sure I don’t vote for him by mistake.

But I was able to maintain. I thanked her for her patriotism. Not many make the effort to go door to door. I told her that her candidate was not someone I could ever support and thanked her for her time. This is not the Internet. A real person came to my door to talk.

We parted friends.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post