well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Tillamook ice cream
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tillamook ice cream
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Been in an ice cream mood for a while. Saw Tillamook on sale and several flavors jumped out at me; I've never had any of their ice creams.

Tried a scoop of Oregon Huckleberry.

Ho. Lee. Smokes.

So good. A really, really nice vanilla ice cream with berries swirled in. Not too sweet, not too rich but rich enough. Can't wait to move on to Oregon Cherry and Marionberry Pie.

Need to go back and get some cones. I think I'm channeling my inner ten year old.

Yummy

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
We've been buying a lot of frozen yogurt this summer. We buy Publix store brand, they have all these great fancy flavors like Peach Melba, dark cherry with chocolate, dulce de something-er-other, vanilla with chocolate and espresso bean thingies... Super yummy!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Tillamook is very good. Tillamook mudslide is Steve’s favorite.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Tillamook is very good. Tempting.
May lose this battle.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Tillamook is da bomb! Just got a tub of Oregon cherry. It is outstanding.

Tillamook is pretty much the only brand of ice cream we buy, even if something else is on sale.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
No ice cream, but Tillamook cheese has been showing up at our local supermarket.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Damn. I used to eat ice cream every night. I love ice cream.

I stopped eating it when I stopped lifting. I just can’t afford the calories.

I miss it.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Just tried the Vanilla Bean. It tastes just like I remember those little cups of vanilla ice cream that came with the wooden spoon. This is a good thing!

And tried their Peaches 'n Cream...also quite tasty. Wish I had some fresh raspberries to toss in...an ice cream version of Peach Melba.

And for jodi...still haven't tried the Mudslide. Been working our way through what we had and it's on the list for the next time we buy ice cream. Wink

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Tillamook's Vanilla Bean is very good.
Bob brought home some Gelato Boy Vegan Dark Chocolate. It has a great flavor as does their Vanilla.
It does not seem to "expand" me as much as ice cream. Big Grin

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
They also make pretty good "daily" cheese. By that, I mean that there will always be fancy expensive cheese that is better but for your basic grilled cheese sandwich, cheeseburger, mac and cheese type use it's pretty good. They have an extra sharp cheddar that's, well, really extra sharp. It's particularly nice.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Ahaha! Our hiking group was in CO and we were scouting the grocery store for treats...This ice cream was it!! Yes

I sorta knew it and thought perhaps I had read it here on WTF!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Tillamook sharp cheddar is my everyday cheese. I buy the big blocks at Costco. The red ones. They have extra sharp, but the sharp melts better on a grilled cheese sandwich.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I like their white extra sharp - that’s the only cheddar I usually buy.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I tried this brand of ice cream just yesterday because SO happened to order it. It was vanilla ice cream in a small round sandwich made with a kind of waffle crust. I wasn't going to eat any. I ate four.Leaving

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I like Tillamook’s sharp cheddar, either sliced or shredded (for convenience).

One of the reasons I always look for the sharp cheddar is because it’s made with milk from the Tillamook County Creamery Association farms. I like supporting them. Tillamook has grown to be such a big company that a lot of their milk comes from other sources now. There was a big hullabaloo about sourcing milk from CAFOs (concentrated animal feeding operations) a few years ago that raised some red flags. I know the milk has to come from somewhere! So I’m trying to draw a nuanced line for myself.

You can tell where your cheese/ice cream/dairy product is from. The label will either say that it’s made by or distributed by yadda yadda yadda.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post