well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Origin of COVID

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Origin of COVID
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted
https://www.theatlantic.com/sc...ket-lab-leak/673390/

quote:
… new analysis of genetic samples from China appears to link the pandemic’s origin to raccoon dogs.

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Another piece of the puzzle, but my immediate thought was "Where did the raccoon dog get it? From another animal, or from a person infected by a lab-leaked virus?"

And the investigation continues...

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Or a mutation on a pre-existing SARS virus

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
“This isn’t an infected animal,” said Joel Wertheim, an evolutionary biologist at the University of California, San Diego and a co-author of the report, referring to the new genetic data. “But this is the closest you can get without having the animal in front of you.”

quote:
Frederic Bushman, a microbiologist at the University of Pennsylvania who also specializes in sequencing techniques, agreed that the report’s methods were sound.

“I think the simplest explanation is that it’s an infected raccoon dog,” he said. “I don’t think it’s absolute proof.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/0...tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post