well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    At hospital for annual exam

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

At hospital for annual exam
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
And fewer than half the people here have masks on.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
I recently called a clinic to help a relative make an appointment for an annual exam. Over the phone, the clinic made two things very clear:
  • The patient, should he need assistance, can only bring at most one other person with him.
  • Every one is expected to wear a mask or face covering in the clinic.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

•  
    Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Has Achieved Nirvana
    Picture of jodi
    posted Hide Post
    It’s only a matter of time before we get some cluster outbreaks here in Butte, but most here seem oblivious. People are pretty much back to the old normal in their behavior. I feel fairly out of place wearing a mask now, and I’m one of the few who doesn’t actually have to worry.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Pinta & the Santa Maria
    Has Achieved Nirvana
    Picture of Nina
    posted Hide Post
    That's so odd! I get my health stuff via the local teaching hospital (OHSU) and they still have nonessential medical procedures on hold. I am late for my colonoscopy and have a boob squish in September that I never really thought would be in jeopardy but now I'm not so sure.

Our county was scheduled to do a Phase I opening (pretty much stay home if you can, but if you have to go to work then use masks, social distancing, etc.) but they put that on hold at the last minute because we're seeing a spike in cases. Frowner

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Has Achieved Nirvana
    Picture of CHAS
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Axtremus:
  • Every one is expected to wear a mask or face covering in the clinic.

• "expected"
    Too many are militantly anti-mask. That is another reason I continue to isolate.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    (self-titled) semi-posting lurker
    Minor Deity
    Picture of ShiroKuro
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    I am late for my colonoscopy and have a boob squish

Same, I due for both of those as well. I also have a dental appointment in July.

I can't see myself doing any of these things any time soon.

I have been thinking about mask slogans.... Inspired by the three Cs for social distancing that originated in Japan (avoid Closed spaces, Crowded places, and Close-contact settings), I'm thinking of the four Cs for masks:
    Mask should be:
    Convenient
    Comfortable
    Cheap, and
    Compulsory!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Minor Deity
    Picture of LL
    posted Hide Post
    I refuse to go for an annual. Too many sick people aroind, and where might they be?

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Serial origamist
    Has Achieved Nirvana
    Picture of pianojuggler
    posted Hide Post
    I took dd into a medical visit last week. It was a late afternoon appointment, only two or three other patients checked in after she did.

As soon as the last patient of the day was checked in, one of the two receptionists took off her mask and was wandering all over the office, closing things up, putting things away, and getting ready to leave. I scowled at her, but maybe she couldn't see under my mask.

A couple of patients had to make follow-up appointments and were standing around for several minutes as Ms. Nomask walked back and forth past them.

Sheesh.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Has Achieved Nirvana
    Picture of Daniel
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by jodi:
    It’s only a matter of time before we get some cluster outbreaks here in Butte, but most here seem oblivious. People are pretty much back to the old normal in their behavior. I feel fairly out of place wearing a mask now, and I’m one of the few who doesn’t actually have to worry.

Good luck, Jodi.

About people acting like life's back to normal, this is how the government(s) have told them to act.

Posts: 24714 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Minor Deity
    Picture of BeeLady
    posted Hide Post
    My hospital had canceled both my routine [Nina]Boob squish [\Nina] and a colonoscopy...

They told me they would call me to reschedule when they were more open..They suggested it would not be before September. happydance

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
    MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post