well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Not surprising, but a human nightmare when facing the actual numbers

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not surprising, but a human nightmare when facing the actual numbers
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
Lawyers report 545 children separated from their parents under 2017 Trump pilot program, have been permanently lost to being reunited with their now "lost" parents.

Their parents have been repatriated or otherwise "misplaced"

Parents, do you remember the horror of being separated from your children when they were small - if it ever happened to you, even if it was for mere minutes? The Mall, whatever...

Now add to that, the children's not speaking the language of the place they were separated from you - unable to describe their parents, their home address, phone numbers (ha! Frowner ) . Perhaps not even knowing their last names, certainly being unable to clearly enunciate their full names,
especially after a period of time has elapsed.

I can't imagine what these families are experiencing. It is every parent's nightmare, every child's nightmare.

"Who are you looking for?"
"Mama" (panicked expression).

I remember joking with my kids that I had a name apart from "Mom" .
One of a universe of other women known by the same precious name!

545 children separated from their parents under Trump pilot program for migrants

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post