well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Shingles shot.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shingles shot.
 Login/Join

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I 've had it twice. I thought it was bedbug bites.

It never really bothered me. But I've known people who went nearly blind from getting it in their eye.
I've had some very severe reactions to vaccines. A tetanus shot caused horrifically painful & violent spasms.

I'm thinking since my experience with shingles was so very mild both times, I may not get vaxxed. Especially as so many people report severe reactions to it. It's true that shingles can be far worse than the vaccine. But it isn't always.

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21341 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I got the old shingles shot some years ago, I asked my primary care doc if I should get the Shingrix and he didn’t think it was necessary.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, Jodi.

I hope you feel better soon.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Sounds just awful.

Jodi, for someone who has always impressed me with your stamina and seemingly endless energy (thinking for one, of your taking charge of those unmotorized shopping carts in the Costco lot - Wow!), you certainly have been hit hard in the recent year or so by unusually rotten health problems. Frowner

Hope you are building up tons of immune resistance from all those onslaughts!

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I felt much better that afternoon (after a nap) and fine the next day. I do not want to get shingles, so I’ll keep my fingers crossed and get the next shot in 4 months.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20447 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
I got the old shingles shot some years ago, I asked my primary care doc if I should get the Shingrix and he didn’t think it was necessary.

My mom got a nasty case with lingering nerve pain after getting only the one shot years ago. She was waiting for the shingrix to become available when the pandemic hit... It's been over a year now and she still has pain on her back.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Had my second shot Thursday afternoon. Must’ve blocked my reaction to the first shot out because I told several people the first shot didn’t bother me. Then I found this thread. Big Grin. Was achey all day yesterday, had to leave a dinner early last night because I started shivering. Had a fever in the middle of the night that ibuprofen knocked back. didn’t sleep much, so pretty tired today!

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
The second shot knocked me out for two days. Worst reaction I’ve ever had to a vax.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Yes, in the middle of the night, I though omg, I’ve got Covid, then realized it was a vaccine reaction (after I finally remembered that I’d had a similar reaction to the first shot!)

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Hope you're feeling better soon, jodi!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37876 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I had my second shot 2 weeks ago. I didn’t have any reaction to either one.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34922 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I had a very mild case of shingles. It still destroyed my energy level for a year.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had a very mild case of shingles. It still destroyed my energy level for a year.

Eeker

My brother had shingles a few years back.

I've been planning to get the shots, but there's never a good time... This thread is a reminder to not wait too long.

Jodi, I hope you're feeling better today!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18435 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Much better today (though I woke up in the middle of the night again, probably because i was up in the middle of the night the night before - ended up getting up at 4am and cleaning the pantry and the spice shelves, and then making blueberry muffins for breakfast, lol! I hate when that happens, your brain wakes up and goes a million miles an hour and then you can’t get back to sleep - I always feel like I might as well get up and do something useful.

Smiler Jodi