well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Shingles shot.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shingles shot.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
Had it this morning, felt ok til tonight, now I can’t sleep, feel shivery and hot at the same time. Frowner I know this is better than getting shingles, but still Frowner )

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry it's hitting you so hard. Frowner

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Bummer.

Comfort

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear it. My arm was a little sore but that was it.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34970 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Really bad night. Temp over 100, but couldn’t get warm. Still elevated this morning, feel like I’ve been run over. Headache that I’m afraid will turn into a migraine. Please tell me the second shot will be easier!

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
From the CDC page for providers:

quote:
About 1 out of 6 people had symptoms severe enough to prevent them from doing regular activities. Vaccine recipients should plan to avoid strenuous activities, such as yardwork or swimming, for a few days after vaccination.

Strongly recommend your patients get the second dose of the vaccine even if they experience these side effects to ensure maximum protection from shingles.

If they have a reaction to the first dose of Shingrix, it does not necessarily mean they will have a reaction to the second dose.

If they don’t have a reaction to the first dose, they might or might not have a reaction to the second dose.

Remind your patients that the pain from shingles can last a lifetime, and these side effects should only last 2 to 3 days.

Vaccine recipients may take over-the-counter pain medicine like ibuprofen or acetaminophen to ease discomfort from these side effects. It is not recommended to take these medications before vaccination.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/v...x/about-vaccine.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Something to try that we've adopted....

Homeopathic thuja occidentalis "sugar pills" for a few days before and after. 5 under the tongue 3x a day.

Since we've started this after MrsTuner's first Moderna shot where she was down for a day, all of our immunizations have been without any significant side effects.

Hey, even if it is a placebo effect, I don't mind!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Hope you don't react like that to the second shot.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Was wondering if I could take ibuprofen. I’ll do that. Thanks, wtg. Sadness, gorgeous days for the next few then rain. I want to be gardening! I did a bunch yesterday which was obviously a mistake!

Smiler Jodi

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
First one put me in bed for six days. The second one was only five.

*hugs*

It’s still better than having the disease.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Jodi, I hope you get past this quickly!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:

*hugs*

I got shingles before vaccines were available. Took me a few days to figure out what was happening (it was on my head rather than the more typical torso presentation), but I got on an antiviral within three days and the actual disease was just an annoyance.

With Mr wtg, he got on antivirals within 12 hours of feeling some stinging on the back of his neck, and the med stopped the virus dead in its tracks. He never even got the pustules.

Bazootiehead-in-training

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Ugh, Jodi you have my sympathy!!

I have been putting off the shingles vax for this exact reason, there's never a good time to do it!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18509 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
My mom got to the antivirals pretty quick, which reduced the rash, but almost a year later she still has burning pain - even with the prescribed nerve meds.

She had gotten the old vaccine and was waiting for the new one to be stocked locally when the pandemic locked her inside...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:

*hugs*

I got shingles before vaccines were available. Took me a few days to figure out what was happening (it was on my head rather than the more typical torso presentation), but I got on an antiviral within three days and the actual disease was just an annoyance.

With Mr wtg, he got on antivirals within 12 hours of feeling some stinging on the back of his neck, and the med stopped the virus dead in its tracks. He never even got the pustules.

I got shingles before the vax was available for my age group. I didn’t know what it was. It manifested as a toothache, what felt like bug bites at the nape of my neck just under my hair, and then what I thought were cold sores. Everything on one side of my body. By the time we figured it out, it was too late for the meds.

I got the old shingles shot, and then the new ones when they came out.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post