Find
Notify
Tools

Cash
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
My wife has a 401K. I have met the guy who runs it and he is an idiot Trump dumpster. Seriously - he’s a mouth breathing, knuckle dragging, drooling, Evangelical moron.

A week ago I suggested to my wife that this virus thing has legs and she needs to tell this guy that she wants to be in 75% cash. She tells me that she’s not allowed to do that and that she has to let this guy handle the whole thing. No amount of discussion will convince her otherwise and as of of now her 401K is down some 30%. I fully expect the whole mess to drop some 50% more of current value within the next three weeks, which means we are going to eat cat food for the next 30 years.

Have I told you how much I hate Republicans?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Oh, this virus thing has legs.

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I’m on the investment committee for the foundation that deals with my disease.

I made a big presentation on why we should de-risk our portfolio. I won’t go into numbers but it was SERIOUSLY heavy equities and I was proposing a rather dramatic reduction.

I pretty much lost the vote.

That board meeting was Feb 22. A Saturday. On the Monday the market rout started.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
My wife has a 401K. I have met the guy who runs it and he is an idiot Trump dumpster. Seriously - he’s a mouth breathing, knuckle dragging, drooling, Evangelical moron.

A week ago I suggested to my wife that this virus thing has legs and she needs to tell this guy that she wants to be in 75% cash. She tells me that she’s not allowed to do that and that she has to let this guy handle the whole thing. No amount of discussion will convince her otherwise and as of of now her 401K is down some 30%. I fully expect the whole mess to drop some 50% more of current value within the next three weeks, which means we are going to eat cat food for the next 30 years.

Have I told you how much I hate Republicans?
You need a new manager. We're with an institutional firm and we are only down 13%.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post