well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    "I'm a Democrat and a Feminist, but I support DeVos' Title IX reforms"
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"I'm a Democrat and a Feminist, but I support DeVos' Title IX reforms"
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Not even counting the abominations committed against the most vulnerable Second Mile kids, virtually without consequences. The ones who tickled Sandusky's fancy - AND came from "safe" families. That is, ones from disadvantaged single parent families.

Still remembering that poor kid adopted by Sandusky after the psychologist giving him his court-ordered treatment vetted it even though his mother fought it as best she could.
Poor helpless mom! (That was after arson, later recognized to be his reaction to molestation).

Said psychologist, by chance, being the president of the Second Mile (and he most certainly knew better. I knew him well).

The highest ranks of the local police were shamefully owned by Paterno and entourage (and others sometimes when they were rich enough).

Just one more example of schools going way, way beyond their rightful purview.

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 12431 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican Party identification has begun requiring intellectual vacuity.

-- Jennifer Rubin (she's a conservative for those who don't read much)
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Let me get this straight. She is for this "process" stuff because of racial impact, not because due process is an American virtue whose benefits are clear in every case (Kantian). Do I have this right? I'm sorry, my privilege is showing.

Posts: 8223 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
The Atlantic had a chin-stroker about it last year.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ed...ssault-cases/539361/

I think in the popular imagination (or the imagination of the DofEd) this was only supposed to effect rich white frat guys named Biff. Or Brett.

Posts: 31291 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
"here black person. You can't fight your own fights as well as I can because I'm a strong white person so let me do it for you! you need me!"

--------------------------------
Another day in Paradise.

Posts: 3742 | Registered: 14 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post