well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    They just got the last crew member off the capsized boat!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

They just got the last crew member off the capsized boat!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
happydance

quote:
They tapped on the metal of the capsized ship off the Georgia coast. Tap, tap, tap. Then, rescuers waited for any sign from those stuck aboard.

“Eventually, they got tap backs,” a Coast Guard commander said Monday afternoon. “Knowing that the people were alive made all the difference and knowing where to go on the ship.”

The four missing crew members of the Golden Ray, a 656-foot vehicle carrier hauling vehicles, were alive nearly 35 hours after the vessel capsized. Late Monday afternoon, three of the four had been rescued, according to Capt. John Reed, commander of Coast Guard sector Charleston. Around 6 p.m., the fourth crew member was pulled to safety.

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime...ajEoA0enSXKTcXGBpbK/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Wow, I completely missed that this had happened, but great that it ended well for the people onboard.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18520 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Nothing short of miraculous. I will be very interested to see what the genesis of this event was.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13558 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post