well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    ETA new pics!! Painting update!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ETA new pics!! Painting update!
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted
So, we have settled on some colors (finally!) and are getting started. We're going to do Navajo White in the main living areas (assuming we like it when we test it in the hallway), then Irish Cream in the bedrooms and studio, a warm white called Creamy in the bathrooms, and then I'll decide on my office color after I see all those other colors.

Mr. SK is painting his studio first, then the hallway and back bedrooms. These will be the places least see by guests, so he wanted to start there. Then the bathrooms and living room, den, kitchen and dining will be painted last, with the idea that he'll be better at painting by that point.

But I think he's doing a fantastic job so far! Here are some pictures from his studio. This is only one coat, he'll do another before finishing up. Also, the lighting in this room doesn't work well with my phone's camera, I think the color is a little yellower or creamier in person. (Oh, and he will refinish the built-in desk tops so ignore that for now).

ETA: Somehow these pics don't look so great when I look at them on my laptop, but I think it looks great in person! Honest! :P

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18411 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
What a nice space! I like the color!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20437 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Nice!

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34905 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Thanks y'all! I am so excited to move, seeing it come together, however slowly, makes it more real!

Jodi, I don't remember if you saw photos from the real estate listing, I'm thinking you did? Anyway, one of the sellers was an artist and she used that room as her studio. As soon as I thought I knew it would be perfect for Mr. SK! To the left of the window (the one that's not a partial window well) is a full sized door, so it's already bright for a basement room but it's even brighter when that's open.

Posts: 18411 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
More progress reports!!

This is the hallway, painted with Navajo White. (I put the lamp there just to show the color). Mr. SK did the hallway first to make sure we like the color, which we do. So this color will be in the living room (aka piano room). But I think we’ll go one shade darker and use Irish Cream in the family room, which is the same as the photos above of the studio. Speaking of which, Mr. SK did a second coat in there and it looks really fantastic! He’s doing magnificent job!!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Very nice work! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34905 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Thanks!! I think he’s doing a really great job!! But also, thank you for suggesting this color!! ThumbsUp

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Looks good!

Posts: 13633 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
It’s looking great. And it’s great that you can paint it while it’s empty, rather than after you move in.

Looking forward to seeing you settle in!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9796 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
LIKE!

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Thanks y'all! I'll have more photos soon, Mr. SK is a painting machine!!

We are now very well-known at the paint store, and this morning when we went to buy more paint, I was showing the manager some photos on my phone and he said how great it looks, and to not share those photos too much because someone will want to hire him to paint for them! Smiler

I keep agonizing about the color of the living (piano) room, but I think it's going to be Navajo White and then the family room, kitchen and dining will all be Irish Cream, which is almost imperceptibly yellow and a little darker than Navajo White.

Also, there is a huge pink crab apple tree blooming in front of the house and you can see the blooms from the bedroom window. I can't wait to move!!!

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
There is nothing like a fresh coat of paint.

Great job! Mr. SK has a calling! Smiler

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post