well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    TelDoc, Anyone use it? I did!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TelDoc, Anyone use it? I did!
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
I had tried to log in from my insurer on Friday and ran into frustration and gave up...But Saturday morning I woke up looking like Rocky after a fight.

Earlier in the week while doing yard work in the wind, I got something in my eye..

So now I am in full blown conjunctivitis.

The TelDoc, once I got it set up was easy. A nurse practioner came on with me, while I was in my pjs with a cup of coffee. She could clearly see my swollen eye on video and immediately sent script to my pharmacy. Took less time than it would take me to drive to my Dr. and park my car 1.5 miles away.

I am now a fan.

Have you ever used telemedicine?

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I did once, but it was maybe 1-2 years ago?? It was called MDLive, and at this point I can't remember what it was, maybe I thought I had the flu?? (My memory though, good grief!!)

Anyway, as I recall, it worked fine. I think it's a great idea for the EOC (Era of Corona...)

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18390 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Eeewwww...hope it gets better soon. I've never had it but sis gets it fairly often.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
P.S. BeeLady, I hope the medicine works fast! Conjunctivitis is no fun!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18390 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
The Teldoc I found is in England.

Found Teladoc for the US.

Medicare is not listed

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:

Medicare is not listed

Chas, the medicare site says they have a Telemedicine portal..Go there and see.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
The local regional hospital system is set up for telemedicine. I've used it once, I was dissatisfied, but that may be a combination of the issue I was raising and the particular person with whom I was connected. I wouldn't refuse to try it again.

And I'm told my PCP will now do primary care appointments, so that's an option.

Posts: 45733 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:

Medicare is not listed

Chas, the medicare site says they have a Telemedicine portal..Go there and see.

Thank you

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Medicare telecon

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Yes. I went to my PCP appointment on April 1 to find the door locked. The lady who works at the front desk came out the staff door and explained the situation. I went home and had my appointment online. My doctor called in my prescriptions. I saved the hour the appointment probably would have taken and any risk of being exposed to other patients. I'm a fan and glad we're doing in this way for the foreseeable future.

Incidentally, the text came explaing everything on my way home. LOL.

Posts: 24687 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post