well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Could be an interesting 24 hours weatherwise
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could be an interesting 24 hours weatherwise
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
From the NWS in Chicago:

quote:
Ice accumulations are likely today and tonight north of I-88 and especially along and north of I-90 where tree damage and power outages are possible. The ice accumulations may also cause slick roads, with bridges and overpasses most susceptible. Accumulating sleet may also occur and contribute to travel impacts near the Wisconsin state line.

quote:
Freezing rain expected. Total ice accumulations of one to two tenths of an inch. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph.

I'm well north of I-88, and four miles north of I-90.

Eeker

It's 34F right now and the precip is coming down as rain.

Mark may be in for some pretty interesting stuff. Wish us luck.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Yikes! Hope it's not too bad!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Nasty out here on the tail end. Not supposed to get above the negative digits today, low of close to -20 tonight. Terrible winds and whiteout and ice and lots of crashes on the interstates yesterday.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Yes. We were supposed to go to Madison to visit my sister in law who is in the hospital recovering from a brain aneurysm. She is doing well and expected to make a full recovery. But yeah, we really want to see her but we also don't want to end up as patients in the hospital, or worse.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
It’s snowing here.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Stay home and stay safe!

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
We keep missing all of the interesting storms and we've only had 1" of snow all year. Very odd.

Not that I'm complaining - it's supposed to be 61 degrees tomorrow!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Things, specifically the evergreens, are starting to ice up....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Woke up this morning, no snow, felt cheated.

It’s snowing and sticking now. Pretty. Not expecting much accumulation.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Looks like downtown, we should stay above freezing....

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
It was blowing hard and snowing when I got an alert on my phone about a snow squall that was coming.
The wind stopped and the snow stopped.
Then a bigger snow squall hit.
When that ended Bob and I went to get groceries.
Shortly after we returned another hit with more snow and wind than the previous ones.
The radar map has not been much help.

The worst of the storm system is expected to stay north of us.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Our power went out for a few hours. We're hoping the rain stops so that we don't get any more ice. Temps are going up right now and are up to 35F. Hopefully they'll hold till the rain stops.

Mr wtg said he was thinking about the people in Ukraine and what they've been going through. Puts a short power outage in perspective....

Bazootiehead-in-training

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I'm still in Costa Rica. Our first leg home takes us to LA Friday night--where they have forecast a blizzard!

Our neighbor who is caring for the horses reports that the rain flash froze into an ice rink and she has locked them in their pens so they won't slip and fall. I can see on the barn camera poor Simon (our mini) huddled in the only corner of his stall where he can get out of the wind--with his muzzle frosted over.

Miss them and the pups but not looking forward to a return to winter.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Had a cold rain in NYC. Might have been so-called freezing rain, as it clicked as it hit the windshield. But it didn’t amount to much.

This has been the mildest winter I remember. Almost no snow so far, a dusting at most.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Ice storm here. Not as bad as it could be but multiple communities haven’t had power since last night because of downed wires. It’s expected to be restored this afternoon. Multiple school closures because there is no power (including mine so I’m in my jammies on my couch!) Lots of tree branches down as they just get too heavy with ice.

The close up is the apple tree in my yard. The other is from a conservation area down the road.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4081 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post