well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Navy Dismisses Captain of the Theodore Roosevelt
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Navy Dismisses Captain of the Theodore Roosevelt
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted

Posts: 12533 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
???

Maybe it was Jared's idea.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
We know the nexus of the decision.

It may not have been made by Dear Leader, but you can be sure that, at a minimum, it was made because someone was afraid that Dear Leader would want it so, and that their own neck would be next on the line.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
"The Navy removed Crozier after becoming increasingly convinced that he was involved in leaking the letter to the media to force the service to address his concerns, a defense official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue."
Washington Post article

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
How ridiculous...he wanted action NOW to save his men. I applaud him.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Hear, hear.

Posts: 24720 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
How ridiculous...he wanted action NOW to save his men. I applaud him.

So did the people who were under his command.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/u...ter-raising-n1175946

And Gallagher got his trident back....somebody explain to me how this works....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37900 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
And Gallagher got his trident back....somebody explain to me how this works....

A Republican politician ...

1. ... makes decisions to appeal to his base, a base that applauds the macho of standing on the body of a dead foe and defacing it (a war crime ... which appeals to the current GOP mindset of macho virtue),

2. ... leaves the bulk of decision making positions in the hands of "actings" whose careerism dominates any morality they might have learned in their upbringing (I have my doubts that they actually learned any morality that ethical people might recognize, but I digress). These careerists are exquisitely attuned to every potential slight that their boss might conceivably feel and act preemptively to win approval in that politician's mind.

Posts: 12533 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Wait! This is very important.

How does Ivanka feel about this?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34959 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Captain Crozier has tested positive for COVID-19.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37900 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
When president Biden is sworn in (fingers crossed), the first order of business for his new Secretary of the Navy is reinstating Crozier to his original position on the seniority list and offering him a plum command. Presuming he survives the disease, of course.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Wait! This is very important.

How does Ivanka feel about this?

ROTFLMAO

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25705 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07...ronavirus/index.html

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Acting secretary of Navy resigns.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07...per-trump/index.html

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Good.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34959 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post