Find
Notify
Tools

MH370
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
A long but interesting read on Malaysia Airlines 370. What we know, what we don’t know, and what some of the possibilities are.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ma...sia-airlines/590653/

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Didn't learn much that was new, factually.

The article is an excellent rationale for political democracy, and a devastating look at the political and institutional immaturity of developing nations.

Posts: 12480 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Interesting read. I was familiar with some, but not all, of the information it presented. Author did a good job of pulling it all together.

Hard to believe it's been five years....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37683 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Heck, I was reading this as Mason Hamlin had a new model out!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
LL - Big Grin

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37683 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
Heck, I was reading this as Mason Hamlin had a new model out!

The quintessential TWFer response!!

I have read about half of the article so far, most of it is stuff that I didn't know. One reaction I've had so far is how frustrating and heartbreaking are details that suggest that had the Malaysian government acted sooner, the black box might have been found. Frowner

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18295 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post