well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Auditing the votes in Maricopa County
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Auditing the votes in Maricopa County
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
The audit has been engulfed in litigation, controversy and conspiracy theories from the outset.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...izona-gop-s-n1265925

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37678 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
These people are wacko nutjobs. Full stop. The predetermined outcome of this "audit" will have no meaningful impact on anything, but will give the Trumpers and Qanon groups lots of airtime and a quasi-legitimate basis for their ongoing insanity.

The court has ordered the release of more information, but those orders have repeatedly been ignored. This is illegal as hell. But it's Arizona, the same state where the nutjob governor Ducey (with a 35% approval rating) just signed a law making abortions due to genetic defect a crime. In other words, if you are carrying a fetus with genetic defects you will be forced to carry that child to term (even if there is no chance of survival outside the womb).

Posts: 35362 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
The U.S. Department of Justice on Wednesday expressed concerns that a controversial audit and recount of the November election in Arizona's Maricopa County may be out of compliance with federal laws.

Pamela Karlan, the principal deputy assistant attorney general with the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division, wrote in a letter that federal officials see two issues with the election review ordered by the Republican-led state Senate.

One issue is that ballots, voting systems and other election materials are no longer in the custody of election officials — a possible violation of federal law, which requires state and local election workers to store and safeguard federal voting records....

The other issue: Plans for door-to-door canvassing may also violate federal laws aimed at preventing voter intimidation, according to Karlan.

The Senate's contract with Cyber Ninjas states the firms plan to "identify voter registrations that did not make sense, and then knock on doors to confirm if valid voters actually lived at the state address." Auditors also plan to ask voters about their voting history to determine "whether the individual voted in the [November] election."

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/06...senate-audit-recount

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37678 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
This is totally bogus, with a predestined outcome, which will also be totally bogus. But it will give new life to the nutjobs.

They are apparently "conducting testing" to look for bamboo residue, proof that the ballots came from China.

I mean seriously?? WTF

Posts: 35362 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
They are apparently "conducting testing" to look for bamboo residue, proof that the ballots came from China.

hysteric

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34810 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Bamboo testing details:

https://www.theguardian.com/us...o-ballots-audit-2020

Report from inside the audit site:

https://www.theguardian.com/us...eres-whats-happening

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I hope they don't try to pull that bamboo malarkey in Florida, where some people I know have bamboo thickets in their yards, another person I know raises bamboo for the nursery market, and the botanical gardens where I used to take the kids has a world-class bamboo collection.

Oh, wait. I hope they do. Evil

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15499 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Yes, bamboo grows quite readily in Phoenix. It's everywhere at the zoo, for example. I know a lot of folks who have bamboo fences because it grows quickly and makes your yard private.

It's also good for the marauding gangs of undocumented panda bears... Wink

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Doesn't bamboo spread rapidly by its roots and become a pest?

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25665 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Some varieties do. There were houses in the older part of town that had huge thickets of bamboo. One of my kids' schools was in a repurposed older home, so it was well-supplied with bamboo.

There are varieties that don't do that, though. They had some of those varieties at the botanical garden, and you could buy them there. I was always afraid that I'd get an over-enthusiastic clump of it, though, so I never planted any.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15499 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
I hope they don't try to pull that bamboo malarkey in Florida, where some people I know have bamboo thickets in their yards, another person I know raises bamboo for the nursery market, and the botanical gardens where I used to take the kids has a world-class bamboo collection.

Ooh! I’d like to see that!

Posts: 34810 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I had bamboo at a previous house and it was every bit as aggressive as advertised.

Kind of like giant mint.

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
https://apnews.com/article/don...983781e413d41253656d

quote:
The Republican who now leads the Arizona county elections department targeted by a GOP audit of the 2020 election results is slamming former President Donald Trump and others in his party for their continued falsehoods about how the election was run.

Maricopa County Recorder Stephen Richer on Saturday called a Trump statement accusing the county of deleting an elections database “unhinged” and called on other Republicans to stop the unfounded accusations.
“Enough with the defamation. Enough with the unfounded allegations,” Richer tweeted Thursday. “I came to this office to competently, fairly, and lawfully administer the duties of the office. Not to be accused by own party of shredding ballots and deleting files for an election I didn’t run. Enough.”

https://twitter.com/maricopaco.../1393273947513266177

Click on the link to see @maricopacounty’s series of tweets enumerating what’s wrong with this 3rd audit under #RealAuditorsDont.

Oh, someone also coined a new word for this shitshow: “Fraudit”

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12675 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
"Fraudit" I like that.
On the bright side it is splitting the Republican party further.

Posts: 25665 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Nina "It's also good for the marauding gangs of undocumented panda bears... Wink "

Might be an improvement.