well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Updated vaccines?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Updated vaccines?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Federal regulators are expected to decide on a new COVID-19 vaccine design in early July, which would allow vaccine companies to begin production for rollout this fall and winter, a top official told ABC News.

Food and Drug Administration vaccine chief Dr. Peter Marks said the decision would likely come from the FDA shortly after its advisory committee meets on June 28 to review data from the vaccine companies about the versions of next-generation vaccines they're testing.

The FDA will then make a decision on which type of vaccine the companies should go ahead with, an estimation they'll base on what could offer the best protection even in the face of new variants this fall and winter, similar to how the flu vaccine is concocted ahead of flu season.

"We'll have to make some decision by early July to make sure that the manufacturers know what we're looking to do, so that they know what they have to start producing in large quantities," Marks, who serves as director of the department that oversees vaccines within the FDA, told ABC News in an interview.

Under consideration is how to give people "the longest duration of a high level of protection" with their vaccines, not just because it's unrealistic to keep boosting every few months, but also because experts predict another surge in the colder months.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/...ly/story?id=84834831

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37683 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I've been reading about some of the newer vaccine options. But with infections rising in Chicago and tuning in homes all week,(as well as singing in an early June choir concert) I decided to go ahead and get a Moderna boost after the first 3 Pfizers.

So far, no side effects.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7540 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I’m debating getting a 2nd booster as the CDC now recommends, or waiting for this new vaccine.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13771 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
We got second boosters today. We are now alternating between P and M with each shot. I’m kinda wiped out and my arm hurts.

But I’m sure it beats getting the real thing.

It’ll be at least four or six months before the new vaccines are ready. I’ll be ready for another booster by then.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30028 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
Yeah, I’m debating getting a 2nd booster as the CDC now recommends, or waiting for this new vaccine.

Why not both?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34810 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Fatigue and brain fog today. Since I take meds for migraines pretty often, this is familiar territory...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7540 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Update on boosters..

WHO interim statement, includes reviews of available studies.

https://www.who.int/news/item/...nes-against-covid-19

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37683 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I feel like I got hit by a truck and I have bricks tied to both arms. Other than that, I feel great.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
And my temp is 99.2.

Blergh.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
And my temp is 99.2.

Blergh.

It was 24 hours of misery (102 temp for me).

But I'll do it again if they recommend another booster.

Posts: 45721 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
And here I am, having only gotten itches throughout, from the "Eighth Day Moderna reaction" through both boosters! Shrug

(In fact, the nape of my neck STILL itches - where it migrated to from the start.)

FWIW I've been to the allergist for those back pricks and specific antibiotic tests. No allergies emerged. In fact, I will no longer note myself as having a sulfa allergy on every form for the last forty years!

(Only wondering about retinol - common ingredient in most new face creams. Turned my face scarlet and painful for months.)

It DOES seem one can have all the symptoms of hay fever from "vasomotor rhinitis" (no IgG or IgE reactions either.). I don't get it.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I stayed in bed most of yesterday. Today I feel about 90% normal.

However... Mrs pj started feeling crummy last night, had a fever and her hands were red and tingly. She's mostly better this morning.

Yeah... I'll do this again once or twice a year as long as necessary to avoid landing in a hospital on a ventilator, or... in a morgue.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Booster update from a couple of days ago:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/20...ll-wait-be-worth-it/

Moderna hopes for late summer submission to FDA:

https://www.statnews.com/2022/...rms-current-vaccine/

Bazootiehead-in-training

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I had my second booster last week; I was near a clinic and there was no wait. No side effects other than a slightly sore arm. Moderna, the fourth time.

A lot of friends are catching Covid right now. Is this variant more contagious? Or are people letting their guard down? Or both? I’m still masking in public places, but not in restaurants because that doesn’t work.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9785 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Guess it's on the upswing in your state, but people aren't getting as sick.

https://www.statesmanjournal.c...ariants/65358732007/

Like you, I continue to mask.

Bazootiehead-in-training