well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What are you doing for Thanksgiving?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you doing for Thanksgiving?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I'm beginning to think that Thanksgiving fixin's are better the day after as leftovers. I wasn't too impressed with the TJ's recipe for green bean casserole yesterday, but OMG it is really tasty today. Heated in the microwave and topped with some extra fried onions for crunch....

and speaking of fried onions....

Putting in a plug for TJ's Fried Onion Pieces. They tasted much better than I remember the French's that I last had maybe 25 years ago.

Or maybe I am just up for canned fried onions and they all taste pretty much the same

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30027 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
OK, who reduced the size of my picture?

Teach me!

Posts: 12474 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
awww....the pj family (human and feline) looks so cute.....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
OK, who reduced the size of my picture?

Teach me!

It was moi. Sorry I forgot to put a comment in to that effect.

There may be better ways to resize pics. These are just a couple I've ciphered out over the years.

1) Sometimes (though not often) a width and/or length are included in the URL for a photo that I want to embed here. I just change those to be in the 640x480 range and try posting it.

2) If there are no such parameters or 1) didn't work for some reason, I use postimages.org to do the resizing; it's an option you can select when you do the upload. I don't need the link for eternity., so I don't even log in to postimages. I just upload the pic, copy the link for the upload, and post it here.

Maybe someone else has a more elegant solution.

Bazootiehead-in-training

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
It's a link to my FB page. I didn't see any clear size parameters in the image link. When I see something like 1200X800 in the URL I always try that first.

Posts: 12474 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post