well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Remember Enron?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remember Enron?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
CEO Jeffrey Skilling released from prison after serving 12 years.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/0...killing-scandal.html

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I’d keep an eye on him. He’s slimy.

But that’s just me.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe it's been that long.

His brother is a very well-regarded and popular weatherman at WGN in Chicago. I always thought that Tom looked tired and drawn back when the whole Enron thing was unfolding. Had to be hard on the rest of the family.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37880 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Nope.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I often think of Enron..especially recently...

My company was recently bought out by private equity and in the next month or so the herd should be thinned...Many in my company have worked here for 30+ years and brought along their wives and children..The org chart has many of the same surnames in it.

I remember that it was the same at Enron so when they went belly up, not just one person in the family lost their job, the entire family did..

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
I wonder if he will pay me the $12k I lost?

jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post