well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I knew it was too bad to last
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I knew it was too bad to last
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted
July 20: The day Trump pivoted to pretending like he will lead the fight against the virus. He tweeted a pic of himself wearing a mask, calling it "patriotic."

This is what I have long feared, people. Trump would belatedly realize that re-election will be a cakewalk as soon as he starts looking like he is taking the virus seriously and will protect Americans from it.

We're doomed. He is going to get re-elected now.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
OMG NO

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Nah, he wants to defund testing and doesn't really care about how many get sick or die. He doesn't have the ability to be 'presidential or caring' for more than a few seconds...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Do you think it’s that easy to flip his followers who won’t wear a mask because, their freedoms?

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Yes, no way are the people who are anti mask now going to change their minds.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
The independents will see that Trump now gets it. It’s not about whether the nut jobs wear masks.

It’s happening. He’s going to eek out an electoral win.

New campaign manager equals new strategy.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
It's all phoney and political to win an election.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Cindy, I sure as hell hope you’re wrong, bc this is terrifying.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18515 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I think we’re gonna be OK, but don’t ask me to back that up.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34970 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Cindy, did you HAVE TO???

I've been convincing myself his very bad ratings are meaningful (though the electoral bit troubles me).

The silver lining to this plague.

(Thinking you should have titled this thread, "I knew it was too good to last.")

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
I saw an argument on facebook today where an antimasker was calling himself and others like him "Free Breathers". They've apparently created themselves a movement. Good god. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4404 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
I think we’re gonna be OK, but don’t ask me to back that up.

That makes two of us.
Does that make anyone feel better?

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
My local election is not giving me much hope that these voters can make a informed choice.

Saturday morning, our State Rep blanketed the neighborhood with his signs. Folks gushing about how they are going to vote for him again...

Despite the fact that he has a 28 count Federal Indictment hanging over his head. He used his campaign funds for personal use and gambling.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
It's not just a new campaign manager. It's Kellyanne again.

I am fearful of this, too. (Although I hold out hope that enough people have said there's zero chance they'll vote for Trump that not enough can change their minds.)

The larger issue is whether he'll rig the voting somehow in all the swing states. Florida in 2000 writ large.

Posts: 45746 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Oh, he's got religion, all right. Full 180 degree pivot.