well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Capitol Police officer has died (edit: story retracted)

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Capitol Police officer has died (edit: story retracted)
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Not much info beyond that.

Fifty-five of them were injured yesterday, some beaten with pipes.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37683 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Omg. Frowner

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20399 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Frowner

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34810 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Chief of Capitol police resigned today.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34810 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
The two sergeants at arms will be cashiered by the Democrats on the 21st. I hope they'll investigate and "retire" many more of the bunch.

Posts: 12480 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
A bit unusual for npr to get it wrong.

quote:
U.S. Capitol Police say the report that one of its officers had died after being assaulted by violent protesters loyal to President Trump is not accurate. NPR incorrectly reported the death based on information from a well-placed source.

"Although some officers were injured and hospitalized yesterday, no USCP officers have passed away," Capitol Police said in a statement. "We ask that our officers' and their families' privacy be respected at this time. Should a statement become necessary, the Department will issue one at the appropriate time."

https://www.npr.org/sections/c...e-at-the-u-s-capitol

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37683 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
It's not clear how wrong they are at this point. The officer could be brain dead or otherwise soon to die. We'll see.

Posts: 12480 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
The two sergeants at arms will be cashiered by the Democrats on the 21st. I hope they'll investigate and "retire" many more of the bunch.

Mitch already dealt with the guy in the Senate....asked for, and received, his resignation.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
It appears that he died.

Oh, and the Trumpers are talking about storming other state houses.

Posts: 19753 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
The circumstances surrounding Mr. Sicknick's death were not immediately clear, and the Capitol Police said only that he had “passed away due to injuries sustained while on duty.” At some point in the chaos — with the mob rampaging through the halls of Congress while lawmakers were forced to hide under their desks — he was struck with a fire extinguisher, according to two law enforcement officials.

“He returned to his division office and collapsed,” the Capitol Police said in the statement. “He was taken to a local hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.”

I wonder if they treated the Capitol building as a crime scene, and whether they saved potential forensic evidence like a fire extinguisher with fingerprints.

From what I was seeing yesterday, it looked like there was janitorial staff cleaning stuff up, with no evidence techs in sight:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...ent-rioters-n1253383

Bazootiehead-in-training