Tools

Masks
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Big Grin and ThumbsUp

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37683 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
quote:
Originally posted by LL:

Everything but on the model!
Well, then... how many of you have a matching mask and foppish hat?

That is a great picture.
Your masks look good. You must have sewing machine.
The mask looks nothing like underwear with hair sticking out from under it.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25665 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Looks like you're ready for graduation!

Posts: 12480 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
If any school ever has commencement again, that'll be the new regalia: mortarboard, gown, and matching facemask.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30028 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:

That is a great picture.
Your masks look good. You must have sewing machine.
The mask looks nothing like underwear with hair sticking out from under it.
Have sewing machine and know how to use it?

I started sewing when I was a kid because it was a machine. Machines were (are) cool. I was popular in the SCA in college -- I was the only one in the group with a sewing machine. I was probably the only one in my dorm with a sewing machine.

Last year I made a dozen of those hats for a juggling festival. The blue one was the second prototype. The people in charge at the festival all had bright green flannel hats, so they were easy to spot from across a room. They were based on hats worn by an internationally-know juggling troupe. I got their permission to use the idea from one of the founders of the group; he said they saw a hat like that (not quite so foppish) worn by reindeer herders in Lapland, so they couldn't really claim a copyright on the design.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
quote:
Originally posted by LL:

Everything but on the model!
Well, then... how many of you have a matching mask and foppish hat?

wonderful - covers most of your beard too! (they say hair collects and carries)

good for you!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
wonderful - covers most of your beard too!
I made this one extra long to rein in the beard, but it still only covers about half of it unless I sort of tuck it up into the mask. The sides still do their own thing.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Fashionable breakthrough. I like it! Will probably do double duty in the Winter winds too.

Couple devise attractive N95 "Bioscarf"

PS. Sadly I see all the versions are sold out for now, leaving only spin-offs - bio-gaiter, bio-hoodie, etc. Hope they catch up with demand soon.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
Fashionable breakthrough. I like it! Will probably do double duty in the Winter winds too.
Couple devise attractive N95 "Bioscarf"

PS. Sadly I see all the versions are sold out for now, leaving only spin-offs - bio-gaiter, bio-hoodie, etc. Hope they catch up with demand soon.

I ordered a mask and pre-ordered a black scarf. Thanks!

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Good, Mark. Hope they work out.

I'd prefer the green one, but may compromise with the black (Winter weight and/or lightweight).

Note: Upon rereading, I see they are listed as being N95, not as stated. (Wonder what that. is...)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
The Bioware mask arrived today. I really like it. So soft and lightweight. I put it on top of the COVAFLU KN95 (again, very lightweight and comfortable) mask as a double layer of protection. Breathing is still very easy no sign of it being a problem.

Just placed an order for 4 more boxes of the COVAFLU masks and will be ordering a few more BioShield masks for Mrs. Mark and the girls.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Thanks for checking in with a product review, mark. It's good to know which products are worth ordering....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37683 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Ordered 5 more BioShield masks.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Hey markj, how have the Bioshield masks worked out? Which one did you order?

Also, where are you getting your KN95 masks?

Same question for rontuner..I think you mentioned the name of a site you're ordering.

With cases through the roof and a tough winter ahead, thought I might step up to a KN95 mask.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Hey markj, how have the Bioshield masks worked out? Which one did you order?

Also, where are you getting your KN95 masks?

Same question for rontuner..I think you mentioned the name of a site you're ordering.

With cases through the roof and a tough winter ahead, thought I might step up to a KN95 mask.

https://giftz.cc/meikC]https://giftz.cc/meikC

.90 per mask when you purchase a box of 50.