well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Joe Biden wins Virginia
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden wins Virginia
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
popcorn

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
And Bernie won Vermont.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
"According to preliminary exit polls in Virginia, Biden won 75% among those who said they wanted a return to Obama’s policies, a group that made up 43% of the electorate."

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
As in early Democratic nominating contests, majorities of Democratic voters in every Super Tuesday state said they would prefer a nominee who can beat Trump over one with whom they agree on the issues.

South Carolina has been the lowest state where exit polls have been conducted to prioritize beating Trump over agreeing on the issues, 53% who want a nominee who can beat the President in November. Deep red states still have a majority who prefer someone who can beat Trump, like in Alabama, Oklahoma, and Virginia where around 3 in 5 say so.

In Colorado, almost 7 in 10 prioritize beating Trump over a nominee who they agree with on the issues.

also:

quote:
UCLA Students Torn Between Electability And Voting With Their Heart

The concept of electability was on the minds of many of the hundreds of students who waited in line to cast their vote today at the University of California, Los Angeles.

Sen. Bernie Sanders has long been a favorite among college students across the country. Many have been attracted to him for his stances on universal health care and free college tuition and his long record on speaking against income inequality.

Mitchell Sventor, 20, was among those waiting in line. He is voting for Sanders.

“Mainly because I agree the most with his principles. I think he’s been the most consistent over time, as opposed to someone like Joe Biden, who is definitely like the establishment choice,” he explains.

His friend Luis Sanchez, 21, also supports Sanders. “He inspires me the most. All the other candidates don’t really do that,” he adds.

But today some students said they are changing their minds, despite their clear preference for both Sanders and Sen. Elizabeth Warren.

As Brooke Rosenberg, 20, waited to cast her vote, she was still undecided. Rosenberg followed the news over the past few days and it gave her pause.

“I am a little torn, but I think I will go for Biden,” she explains. “I really like Elizabeth Warren, but I just don’t think a woman is going to win this election, unfortunately. Also, I don’t want [President] Trump to, like, tear her down. And then I do really like a lot of Bernie’s ideas, but I don’t think he’s in the lead at all. So I might as well support the person who’s going to beat Trump.”

Methu Pal, 18, from the Bay Area, who was in line behind Rosenberg, agrees.

“I do like Bernie’s ideas, but I think a lot of them are unrealistic. So, if he was put against Trump, I don’t think he would win,” she says. “He’s making a lot of promises that take more than four years to accomplish.”

I asked them to tell me if they didn’t worry about electability, who would they support from their heart. “Warren … because I think she’s a really strong woman,” Rosenberg says right away. “Bernie,” Patal adds. “Because I like his ideas the most, even though they may seem unrealistic, like if they were successful, I think they would be really great for the country and for young people.”

As I walk out of the hall one student whispers to me about his choice. He is worried about his sibling and does not want to speak on the record. “My sister will disown me.” She is idealistic, he explains. “But Biden is the only one who can defeat Trump.”

https://apps.npr.org/liveblogs...tability-and-60.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Biden projected to win North Carolina.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Between the quote Jon posted, and what WTG's C&P above, I feel like this is why Biden needs to make a very, very good/strategic VP choice....

Oh, well, that and I really hope Sanders doesn't get the nom...

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Biden win in Alabama.

Bloomberg wins American Samoa.

Hey, I just report the news.

Shrug

Bazootiehead-in-training

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Well, I was gonna for for Buttigieg until he pulled out. I voted for Biden instead.

The rubber meets the road in Texas and California. Sanders is forecast to win those two, but with proportional allocation of delegates he and Biden will basically have a draw tonight.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
If Warren loses MA she will likely pull out.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:

Frowner

What are the predictions? (Off to look....)

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Warren not doing that well in MA ... 3rd behind Biden and Sanders so far:

https://www.politico.com/2020-...sults/massachusetts/

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:

As she should, and if she has any class at all she’ll endorse Joe Biden before noon tomorrow.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
As should Bloomberg.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
As should Bloomberg.

Presented as a check for $50 mil.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:

Even before the Biden surge and Pete/Amy/Steyer withdrawals she was polling 3rd there.

But it was the only Super Tuesday state she even polled third.