well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Getting my arm twisted to get the vaccine
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting my arm twisted to get the vaccine
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
What about just keeping your rightful place in the line?

Well, I'm going to get vaccinated. Unless I oversleep.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Good luck!

I think there's a distinction between actively cheating or lying to jump the line vs being legitimately eligible but feeling like there are others who might be more deserving.

I'm encouraged by so many people getting vaccinated here! I can't go in until after mid-April, so I'm crossing my fingers and toes that there's going to be availability. But it does sound like the availability and logistics are being ironed out daily, so hopefully I'll be able to get in as soon as possible.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
So....? Did you get the jab?

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Yes. Got up at 6 a.m., left the house at 6:30, got back home at 9:30.

They have a drive through vaccination center set up at an old airstrip. You drive up, they print your paperwork, you get the shot, you wait in the parking lot for 15 minutes before you leave. If you feel ill, you blow your horn.

I am sleepy and might take the rest of the day off. Not sure whether the fatigue is daylight savings time plus only 5 hours sleep last night, or something else.

I guess I'm glad I can stop feeling bad about it. I felt about thiiiiiis big in my mini cooper waiting in a line of marked law enforcement vehicles.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess I'm glad I can stop feeling bad about it.

Yes, whatever else, it's done now, so you're smart to just move on.

I'm glad you got it! Which one by the way, Pfizer or Moderna?

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18509 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Moderna.

I can see why there are such concerns about vaccine inequity. To get this vaccine, you needed a computer, the ability to wade through a lot of information to find key facts like the address of the facility, a vehicle (I didn't exactly see any bus stops), three hours where you could be away from your job, and the ability to repeat the whole thing in a month.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The move to administering vaccines in local drug stores should alleviate some of problems for people who don't drive, but that won't be enough.

I talked to my city councilman last week, telling him about the old folks I saw in the drug store trying to get an appointment when they either did not have access to a computer or could not navigate the (gawdawful) system. I suggested the city might step up with assistance in the form of a person at a computer at the Senior Center or some place similar.

He seemed to like the idea but I have not heard back from him.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34970 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you got jabbed. There's been a lot of death in my area.

Indiana is already down to age 50 due to anti-vaxx freedom fighters and still only maybe a 1-month waiting list.

Another day in Paradise.

Posts: 3902 | Registered: 14 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Montana will have vaccines for everyone over 16 by April 1st. I think this may be because many already eligible aren't getting it.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
Pique I'll be waving at you on Sunday around dinner time! Maybe I'll have phone service.

Then again Friday morning.

Another day in Paradise.

Posts: 3902 | Registered: 14 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
The move to administering vaccines in local drug stores should alleviate some of problems for people who don't drive, but that won't be enough.

I talked to my city councilman last week, telling him about the old folks I saw in the drug store trying to get an appointment when they either did not have access to a computer or could not navigate the (gawdawful) system. I suggested the city might step up with assistance in the form of a person at a computer at the Senior Center or some place similar.

He seemed to like the idea but I have not heard back from him.

We have a program here called ‘vaccine angels’.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
There's a Facebook group around here about general COVID safety, some of the members have offered to help those less technologically able to get an appointment. But ... you'd have to be computer-literate enough to be on Facebook and to have joined the group.

And someone local created an appointment scraping program that texts you whenever appointments are available. But that doesn't help if you don't have a computer to sign up.

The Chickasaw Nation makes the process very easy ... if you know about them, but again, requires some degree of computer literacy.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The vaccine angels that jon mentioned are in a lot of communities.

http://well-temperedforum.grou...773995597#1773995597

edit: Illinois has set up a phone line with agents who will help people sign up for appointments.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'm astounded and jealous of those of you whose states are using a robust distribution policy. Except for targeted groups (first responders, health care, schools, etc.):

16+ isn't until July 1
Right now we're still just 65+
45-64 after March 29th

Hmmmm

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
I'm astounded and jealous of those of you whose states are using a robust distribution policy. Except for targeted groups (first responders, health care, schools, etc.):

16+ isn't until July 1
Right now we're still just 65+
45-64 after March 29th

Hmmmm

Rules just changed, now it’s May 1 for everyone over 16. Still March 29 for 45-64 with conditions.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post