well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Kimchi refrigerator

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimchi refrigerator
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Until today's email from Costco, I had no idea this device existed.

Wiki:

quote:
A kimchi refrigerator is a refrigerator designed specifically to meet the storage requirements of kimchi and facilitate different fermentation processes. Kimchi usually becomes too sour when stored in a conventional refrigerator for about a week. In contrast, kimchi can be stored up to 4 months without losing its qualities in a kimchi refrigerator.[1] The kimchi refrigerator aims to be colder, with more consistent temperature, more humidity, and less moving air than a conventional refrigerator, providing the ideal environment for fermentation of kimchi. Some models may include features such as a UV Sterilizer.[2]

In a consumer survey aimed at Korean homemakers conducted by a top-ranking Korean media agency in 2004, the kimchi refrigerator was ranked first for most wanted household appliance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimchi_refrigerator

If you're a Costco member and can't live without one...

https://www.costco.com/.produc...19_1101_HotBuysStart

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37779 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
There is a good chance that this is an appliance I will ever own.

OTOH I don’t own a rice cooker so there is that.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34839 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post